when do you think

judgement day will come? I believe that jesus christ is my lord and savior, but this really scares me. I know I have made mistakes in life, and I try to live my life better, but i'm still scared.
does anyone believe in the mayan calender? because according to that its just a few years away. And honestly, i'm not sure if I want to have more kids. I don't want them to go through what might/could/will happen. does that make sense?

please be nice.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• hmm....a lot of ppl and shows now a days think its going to happen shortly but back in the 60's and 70's etc et so did a lot of ppl. who really knows
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 1:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• With all due respect, I understand you believe what you believe, but you cannot worry about stuff like this. You have to live your life to the fullest to truly be happy. If you worry about this kind of stuff, you'll drive yourself crazy... You are a mom.. therefore, you have far too much to worry about already. I am not a particularly overly religious person... I've been to many different churches and have learned many different things, even studied different religions.. but trust me when I say this... Life is what it is.. Whatever will happen, will happen. Right now you are given this life to make the most of... Enjoy it.. Make it great for your children... Never have to say, I should have.. or What if... Just be happy now!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 1:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• JMO!!! 2012~ that's the year things will dramatically change! I can't say that will be when judgement day is...but it's the beginning of the end. Since you do believe that Jesus Christ is your Lord and Saviour, you need to trust in Him, have faith. He has a plan, it will go the way He plans. Dont' be afraid He has you in His hand. Just keep the faith and let Him fulfill his plan. Dont' worry He will take care of you. That's what I do, I used to be so scared about this issue, but I prayed for peace and faith. I know God is doing His will, and I totally trust Him to take care of me in whatever situation. Just pray and pray and pray....Turn your fears over to Him...he already has a plan.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 3:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• According to the Bible, it will come as a theif in the night. No one but God knows the day or hour. No use in worrying...just keep yourself prepared. Your children will be ok! God isn't going to hurt them!
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Listen, with all due respect, worrying about what may come is not going to help you or your children. All you can do is take each day as it comes and take care of yourself and your family as best you can. Teach your children to be kind and charitable and loving, and set an example by being those things yourself. If you believe Christ is your savior, then you should also believe you will be forgiven your sins by accepting him as such, and not worry so much about every little thing you've ever done. Just try to live a good and honest life, and let the rest take care of itself.

As for the Mayan calendar, that is up to you to believe or not believe...but do try to remember that you can take just about any vague prediction and make it fit actual events. In fact, the Maya calendar does not predict and apocalypse, merely an end of a cycle.
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 9:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Just FYI: One of the big discoveries of the ancient Mayan civilization was the fact that they had several calendars, one of which is the "Long Calendar". This particular calendar resets every 1,872,000 days. By some calculations, the next reset is 12/21/12. This means a transition, possibly, but the end of the world? Nah.
    Try too to remember that if the Mayans were such wonderful, all-knowing prophets...why didn't they predict their own self-inflicted demise?
    jespeach

Answer by jespeach at 10:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• If you have prayed and repented and not made the same mistakes and sorry for what wrongs you did, I am sure God has already forgiven you..but you need to forgive yourself and give him your burden..
    Adnil

Answer by Adnil at 11:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Read Revelations in the bible..No one know when they day may come it may be tomorrow or 1,000 years from now. That is why you should live life to the fullest. Things will be better. I can sit here quoting the entire chapter of Revelations but there it no way too much info..You need to read it for yourself. Also there is a book called Revelations for dummies. That is a break down on exactly what will happen in normal words step by step.Any suffering you do go throught then and in life is a test. In the end it will all be worth it. Read it the best advice you will get it is scary but it will be worth it in the end.

mommyjof2

Answer by mommyjof2 at 1:18 PM on Oct. 31, 2008