Can they get a temp. custody?

My dd 13 ran away last Tues. The woman harboring her is a drug informant/druggie. She's in the hospital right now with a drug overdose. Well, anyway my dd called me this evening to tell me that the lady went and got a temp custody of her yesterday. That isn't possible is it?

kristinas8

Asked by kristinas8 at 10:40 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• How could she have done it without a court date?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• See, that's why I think this is bogus. There's absolutely no reason they could use either, unless she lies.
    kristinas8

Comment by kristinas8 (original poster) at 10:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No probably not. The only way that would have happened is if you were in court as well and the state found you unfit. Its possible if that happens, she could get temp guardianship, but not likely. Why dont you call the police. She is in essence kidnapping your child?
    jajumommy2000

Answer by jajumommy2000 at 10:47 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I called the Sheriff last Tues. and every time I had more info. They're checking out a possible location some time tonight. Crossing my fingers.
    kristinas8

Comment by kristinas8 (original poster) at 10:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• No it's not possible.
    heatherann0221

Answer by heatherann0221 at 11:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• When my daughter ran away, and she was underage, I called the police and told them I needed help getting her out of a house that I knew the mother was a meth head. She was more a friend to the kids instead of an adult. The cops would go and get her everytime and bring her back. This lady can not get temporary custody UNLESS you go to court, the judge either finds you unfit or unless you request that she be given temporary custody because at the period of time, you can not take care of her. When the papers are filled out, you take them up to the courthouse, they have to serve papers on the mother and father advising them of the court date and the parents would have to sign the papers as well. I only know this because I was going for custody of my granddaughter. It also would take more than a couple of days, more like a month or more. She is just pulling your chain, get the cops to pick her up and bring her home!
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 4:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You would have been served with papers informing you of a court date to appear in front of a family court judge for a custody hearing. So no, this woman could not have gotten temporary custody of your daughter without your knowledge. Get your the cops to pick up your runaway daughter and bring her butt home. Then get her and you into some counseling as you obviously need some help in your household.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You would have had to be there, there would have been a court date, etc.. So, since none of those things happened your daughter is obviously lying.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:13 PM on Oct. 31, 2010