My husband is so flipping annoying. He simply refuses to go with me to any family/friend events but expects me to go to his. Married 3 years. Should I keep doing it or stop and play the goose and the gander? He will only go to my parents and only at Christmas. (and that I think is b/c they buy his kids from prior marraige presents) ugh!

help with going to in-laws equally

kat92365

Asked by kat92365 at 12:00 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Relationships

• You could just sit him down and tell him you think it's very unfair for him to expect you to go with him to his family functions and you don't get the same support. If he doesn't step up to bat and say he'll try to go with you, then tell him you'll just stop going to his family functions also.
    jon6pat

Answer by jon6pat at 12:15 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think you should just stop going! He will ask why or what is wrong then you tell him, that you feel it's not fair and you want him to attend your family gatherings as well or just count you out
    motherof6inaz

Answer by motherof6inaz at 12:22 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I say, until he starts showing you respect, by going with you to see family, then you should not go with him to see family. If it's friends then I don't think he should be obligated, but we all have to suffer through the in laws, so should he.
    mandjsmama

Answer by mandjsmama at 12:38 AM on Jul. 4, 2008