What kind of foods do you eat in the winter?

Many of us slow down in the winter due to the cold/rain/snow outside. But our eating habits are still the same. What do you eat to help keep your weight down?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 10:49 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• soup, stir fry but honestly, heavier foods. I'm living in a place where bikinis vanish after August so it doesn't matter till spring.
    jeanclaudia

Answer by jeanclaudia at 10:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• it really doen't change for me but i do like eating hot meals more or less with vegies and such... but the thing is about winter is the holidays that surround it... so you have to refraine yourself form all the goody's
    Lynnsae

Answer by Lynnsae at 10:51 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Crock pot meals, lots of winter squash...
    We eat clean, in general, and it helps keep the calories down. It includes eating in season fruits and veggies, as well as reducing saturated fats, refined sugars and starches and caloric beverages.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 10:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I eat just about the same all year round. I am not fond of roasts and stews and I usually just bake or broil fish and chicken. Its hard to avoid overeating at the Holidays though. So--I do have a treadmill to use when the weather is bad and I can't walk safely.It is possible to stay active all year.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Crock pot meals, pot roasts with carrots and potatoes, casseroles, and stews.. all with lots of veggies!
    catholicmamamia

Answer by catholicmamamia at 10:59 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I live in a cold area, so winter meals are hearty, warm and filling-- home made stew, roasts, crock pot meals, chili...
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:08 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Whatever i can pop into the oven to warm up the house works for us...but to keep weight in check I put food into a "1 cup" size measuring cup and eat only that...also I heard gargling with mouthwash helps.. have not tried it but would think it is a good idea and will try it one day soon
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Pretty much the same ... only less cold foods like salads and more warm foods that I can cook in the crockpot. I don't have weight concerns, I'm pretty thin and I walk to and from work every day so I get plenty of exercise too.
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Soups and veggies
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think we eat heavier in the winter time. I have more time to get things into the crock pot and such since I am not spending any time out doors. I am constantly cold and want warm foods to keep me that way. One thing would be just to try and limit the amount of food that you eat at a setting a serving size is only like 1 cup for the main item and lots of fruits and veggies to go with it
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2010