What foods are good to eat when you're dehydrated?

Not able to get to water all the time and because of it, I get dehydrated. What foods can I grab to help?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 10:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Food & Drink

• popsicles
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 10:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Lettuce (salad), most fruits but especially watermelon, oranges, anything that has a high water content.
    Anonymous

• Apples,watermelon.cucumbers,grapes
    liss05

Answer by liss05 at 10:55 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am not sure why you can't get to water but I would buy an insulated jug --at least a half gallon--and put water and ice in it and drink from it all day long. Its hard to get much water from food except fruits such as melons,or soup,you know?
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree, to eat fruits but if you get dehydrated easily you might want to monitor your sodium intake also.
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:01 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• fruits, jello, soup, Popsicles, lettuce....

MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 11:05 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Watery fruit and veggies like watermelon, cucumbers, tomatoes, etc. Soups are good, as long as they have a low sodium content.
    I carry a refillable water bottle (Sigg, CamelBak, etc) with me everywhere I go. Might be a good idea for you, too.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:09 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Just bring water with you.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 12:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Watermelon and cucumbers are high in water content...there really is no other food that is higher in water then these 2
    togo90210

Answer by togo90210 at 1:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Because I live in the mountains, plus in an area that's full of arsenic, we don't drink the water. Its has to be bottled. But they are costly and being low income, we can't afford them all the time. Also, I am very weak and unable to carry a big bottle. I was trying to find other means to help get liquid in my body. I don't drink pop or use salt. We mostly eat veggies and some fruit. I will try the watermelon & cucumbers since they are my favorite anyway! Thank you for all your advices.

Prayerpartner

Comment by Prayerpartner (original poster) at 6:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010