i had a partial hysterectomy, should i still expect a period?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• Depends on what parts they took. If you still have ovaries or part of your uterus, you may. This might be a good question to ask your surgeon.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 11:07 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• ditto to musicpisces
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:10 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Why haven't you already discussed this with your doctor?

beeky

Answer by beeky at 11:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I had a Particle Hysterectomy- They removed my Uterus but, i still have my Ovaries- i do Not have a Period! Later on down the road you will still go through Menopause; i am going through it now at 44 & it has kicked my Little Butt! LOL! Your doctor should of went over everything with you; i am sure he will at your 6 week check-up! Wishing you lots of luck- Take it Easy for a while:)

daisyb

Answer by daisyb at 11:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• you need a uterus to have a period. Didn't your Doctor explain any of this???
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:52 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I also had a partial and they took my uterrus and left my ovaries and I have never had a period and that was in 1994. I have gone thru Menopause which was not any fun but there are pills to help with that. I think if I was you, and if you are bleeding as if you were having a period, I would be calling my doctor or going to the emergency room!
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 5:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2010