How rude is this....

So tonight we went trick or treating with ex father in law.... were friends, anyways, He proceeds to tell me i need to stop sitting in front of the computer so much, And get some exercise, Because mentally i wont be able to handle gaining weight,,, I finally told him tonight i am gaining weight because i am 6 months pregnant... I thought that was kinda rude. i dont think i could have said that to anyone...

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 11:13 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Girl, if i were you..I would have smacked him silly! Lol..That is soo rude! Especially for someone to say that to a Pregnant woman, are you kidding me?
    GonnaBeAMama11

Answer by GonnaBeAMama11 at 12:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• and....what did he said or do, what was the look on his face

did he take his foot out of his mouth?
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:16 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That wasn't very nice of him at all!
    Namaste17

Answer by Namaste17 at 11:17 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That wasn't very nice of him no matter how much (or little) weight you had gained. I hope that he apolized after that!
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 5:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• walking is really good for you and the baby and sadly, way too many pregnant women dont do it. They use the pregnancy as an excuse to take it easy and be inactive. You should be glad that he is a nice enough friend that he is willing to say it to your face instead of A.saying it behind your back OR B.not saying anything and possibly watching you go through a tough time later about gaining weight.
    Real friends say what you need to hear.
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:24 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You are very right,,, However i have only gained 10 pounds,, What he was seeing was my belly not wanting to be hid anymore,,, LOL i should have said, I don't think its the computer i think its all the beer....
    kileighsmommie

Comment by kileighsmommie (original poster) at 11:31 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• That is rude...And oh by the way, for all he knows even if you had gained like...30 frigging pounds for all he knows you could be considered high risk and told not to do anything strenuous (even walking is forbidden from me but i do it a little bit anyways) Anyways...WOW! That be awful if someone said that to me I'd take a good swing at them lol none of their business!
    MissesRoyalty

Answer by MissesRoyalty at 1:14 PM on Nov. 1, 2010