Give me an idea on how to PIF...

Dont know what PIF is? Pay It Forward :) In my Eng class, I have to come up with an idea on how to PIF...seems self explanatory, right? Its not that hard to go out and do something nice for someone...but what? I'm completely clueless and am out of ideas. I cant write a 5-pg paper on how I picked up a receipt a lady dropped on the ground or how I opened the door for a little old lady. I need something interesting! :) So, please, if you have any ideas...lmk :) thanks.

trijobaby

Asked by trijobaby at 11:21 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Money & Work

• Volunteering your time at a food pantry, homeless shelter, etc. would be good.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:23 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree. I've found information on working a soup kitchen, I'm sure I could write a ton on that :) Thanks luvbug3
    trijobaby

Comment by trijobaby (original poster) at 11:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• At the toll road, pay for the car behind you.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• if you live in a larger city and there are homeless that are around, put together a bag for one person, containing homemade foods, a warm hat and gloves, a soft fuzzy blanket, travel wind up alarm clock, a puzzle game book, or hanheld eletronic game...anything that is a home comfort since they do not have one, also remember have to carry around, so not heavy or needs refrigerating etc

good school project
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• but if you do a soup kitchen you effect lots of people
    i thought pay it forward was you have to do for ONE person
    ??
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 11:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wow! I love the idea about the toll! thats outta the ordinary, thanx txdaniella. nope, doesnt have to be one person, thats how it starts of course, but if you effect more than one person at the time...double wammy. Im reading the book too. thanks everyone for your ideas so far, theyre great.
    trijobaby

Comment by trijobaby (original poster) at 11:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Donate stuff or put together a package to go to a women's shelter. Those women sometimes basically come there with the clothes on their back so any little bit helps them. A pack of diapers, shampoo/conditioner, tampons/pads, package of socks, anything. I always donate clothes/baby items to shelters.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Are you just writing about what you can do to pay it forward or are you supposed to actualy do it?

Other little things like paying for the order of the car behind you in the drive thru window. If you excel in a subject you can offer free tutoring lessons. Or organize a NOP group to provide coats or mittens for those who can't afford them, etc. etc
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 12:41 PM on Oct. 31, 2010