Mary Kay?

I use it, I like it. Only when i became pregnant i asked if it was safe to use, They said yes because there product goes no farther then the top layer of skin.... Now i feel cheated cause y am i spending all this money, To stop wrinkles when it don't even go down into your face. did anyone eles know this?

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 11:26 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Well, it does seep in (your skin is highly absorbent, no matter WHAT you put on it, which is why you should care what you are putting on it). I'm guessing it just doesn't work as claimed which is something else entirely.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:43 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• First off, ANYTHING you put on your skin is going to be absorbed deeper than the top layer of skin. However, chances are, most of the "wrinkle stoppers" you are using are little more than a placebo... I've worked with a number of cosmetic lines, and if you read through the ingredients on the majority of the bottles there are more damage causing ingredients than there are actual wrinkle treatments. Your best bet to fight wrinkles - Drink lots of water, Eat well (heavy fats & sugars or low vitamins in your diet will cause wrinkles), stay out of the sun, and use natural products on your skin (over exposure to chemicals in cleansers, cosmetics and creams will AGE skin).

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:34 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• www.cosmeticsdatabase.com

Go to that website and search the Mary Kay products that you are using (or the brand in general) and it will list the ingredients and toxic levels........
    sherribeare

Answer by sherribeare at 11:44 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Wow good info ladies.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:54 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I love Mary Kay and next month I will start to sell it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I have been using it for years. I don't see a problem. I definately notice a difference if I haven't used it in a while.
    Iluvmy5

Answer by Iluvmy5 at 1:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Good to know.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I didn't know this.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• never heard, that's bad.
    sodapple

Answer by sodapple at 8:42 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• nope
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010