*PLZ RESPOND ASAP* MRSA Or Brown Recluse Spider Bite???

I went to a haunted house last night, got home late & woke up with this "bump" on my left forearm. I mashed it thinking it was just a lil bump from where I shave my arms & It swelled up & only clear pus came out. Now I have a red ring around it about the size of a quarter & what looks like a lightening bolt going down my arm. I can't determine if it's MRSA or a spider bite. They are so similar.. Do I need to wait & See what it does, go to the ER, or WHAT!! I am currently in the Phlebotomy (drawing blood) program & we begin clinicals at the hospital Nov. 8th.. If this is MRSA I don't want to take the chance of spreading it to someone else. Also, I sit with my Uncle every afternoon for my grandma to go to work, my grandma was bit by a Brown Recluse about 4/5 months ago & was treated with meds and the bite healed, but now the spot keeps coming back. The Dr told her it was staph or MRSA that is coming back in this spot.

ManthaCole9406

Asked by ManthaCole9406 at 11:27 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Health

• regardless of what it is you should go to the doc...
    an-apple-a-day

Answer by an-apple-a-day at 11:28 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Your best bet is to see a doctor asap.
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Also, I have a picture but I can not figure out how to put it on here. Help?

ManthaCole9406

Comment by ManthaCole9406 (original poster) at 11:29 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Red streaks are a sign of serious infection and need to be seen immediately. Head to the ER tonight! Not to be an alarmist, but I have had several doctors tell me that if there are red streaks, it need to be seen right away!

Go and let us know what you find out.
    SleepingBeautee

Answer by SleepingBeautee at 11:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It's not MRSA it's cellulitis an infection of the tissue. It happens when bacteria that is on our skin is intoduced under the skin. I just got treated for this same thing. Relax, get on some antibiotics ASAP! MRSA can develop if they mess with it too much but it's not MRSA.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Musicmom80, don't be too quick to say that, you have no idea what it is. MRSA can look exactly like a spider bite, the only way to know for sure to go to the doctor.
    kbakeman

Answer by kbakeman at 11:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• red streaks go up arm is blood poision
    kathy067j

Answer by kathy067j at 11:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Ya know what... I never told her not to see a doctor so chill out. MRSA doesn't just happen. I'm pretty educated on the subject. So no need to call me out. If she just got it last night I could bet money it's not MRSA. You should educate yourself, MRSA does not look like a spider bite, but can develop. The medical term for the infection is cellulitis. Look it up.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• It doesn't matter what it is... Both can be deadly if not treated... Go to the ER, let them tell you what it is and treat it... Don't risk your life over a "what if I'm wrong" attitude... The WORST thing they are going to tell you is you wasted a trip and it's just a simply brown spider bite...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• YOu guys are hilarious...I just went through this and got treated, but you guys know right? Not to mention, do you know anyone who has had MRSA? I have. And it wasn't pretty.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 11:46 PM on Oct. 30, 2010