HOW WOULD YOU FEEL?

MY BOYFRIEND OF 15 YRS & I JUST HAD A CONVERSATION ABOUT TAKING A VACATION. WHEN WE FIRST GOT TOGETHER I'D SAY I'D LIKE TO VISIT THIS PLACE AND THAT. WELL EVERY TIME WE TALKED ABOUT THIS, HE'D LOOK AT ME LIKE I WAS CRAZY. OR HE'D SAY WHY WOULD YOU WANT TO GO THERE THEY KILLING PEOPLE OVER THERE. MY ATTITUDE IS THERE'S KILLING ALL OVER THE WORLD. AM I SUPPOSE TO LIVE MY LIFE IN FEAR OF BEING KILLED? ANY WAY THE CONVERSATION CAME UP AGAIN BECAUSE ONE OF IS CO-WORKERS STOP BY TO VISIT AND WAS TELLING HIM HOW MUCH FUN HE AND HIS WIFE HAD ON THEIR TRIP TO THE BAHAMAS. NOW THIS MOTHERF****KER IS ALL GUNG HO TO GO SOMEWHERE. I TOLD HIM I DIDN'T WANT TO GO. WHEN HE ASKED WHY I SAID WE MIGHT GET KILLED SO WHY GO. NOW HE HAS AN ATTITUDE LIKE I CARE. BASICALLY I KNOW I'M BEING PETTY BUT I FEEL SOME KINDA WAY ABOUT THIS. WHEN HIS FRIEND SAID Y'ALL SHOULD GO HE'S SITTING THERE LIKE HE'S SOO INTERESTED IN GOING.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:30 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Relationships

• We stayed at Atlantis about 4 years ago. It was awesome!
    LuvBug3

Answer by LuvBug3 at 11:35 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• You are making yourself sound like you are 15. I can't imagine that you have been in a relationship for that long.
    Anonymous

• LOL! I'd say the same damn thing! I'd be so ticked about every time I'd said something about going, he'd knocked down the idea. So, I'd knock it down when he said it. Plus, PLUS, since his buddy from WORK made it such a fun idea, I'd be doubly ticked. I hate it when I say something, but it's either not true, or a stupid idea. But when someone at work says the same thing, it's true, or a good idea. Petty or not, I'd do the same thing!
    Raine2001

Answer by Raine2001 at 11:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Me personally, I'd just ask him why it's cool when his friend brings it up, but taboo when you do. Tell him if he's SO worried about vacation spots you've chosen, you can take separate vacays.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:37 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• He sounds really disrespectful of you.
    TwoBrownDogs

Answer by TwoBrownDogs at 11:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I've been there...awesome! I understand ya though :/ Im n the same boat...kinda. everything sounds lame comming outta my mouth, from others...he gets sooo interested. Its a competitive thing, but he's also 37, so you think he'd be over the game playing, not so much. I cant even drive with him, he freaks out, but when he's driving and he slams on his brakes breathing on the bumper in front of us...there's nothing wrong. You just have to do it. apparently you dont have "enough" credibility with him...dont worry, I'm still working on mine, and we've been together how long! Its just that thing some men do to feel as if they own the one-up card in life. dont stress about it. just row your own boat...maybe we'll row right into eachother one day, lol :)
    trijobaby

Answer by trijobaby at 11:41 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• Well, if you don't want to go to the bahamas to spite your bf, it is kind of like shooting yourself in the foot.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• That's how men are though, it's annoying but typical. You can tell them the exact same thing that they'll ignore,but if their buddy tells them 20 minutes later it's like a new amazing wonderful idea that sounds just perfect.
    Go and enjoy the Bahamas for all of us and tell us how it was!
    Orionsgirl

Answer by Orionsgirl at 12:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i get what ur saying but its good becuz now he sees what he was doing.
    valeriesmom16

Answer by valeriesmom16 at 2:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010