When will you decorate for Chrismas?

Just curious. Like, lights on the house and such.

musicpisces

Asked by musicpisces at 11:38 PM on Oct. 30, 2010 in Holidays

• Lights on house is usually my hubby's thing, but I sometimes wait until the day after Thanksgiving. Last year, I went ahead and decorated early and LOVED it.
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 11:39 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I always decorate for xmas after halloween. I like to have the xmas stuff out longer than a month :) and it just makes me happier.
    trijobaby

Answer by trijobaby at 11:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I agree I like to decorate right after thanksgiving. Better question when should they come down? Last year my neighbors lights were up till around Easter.

waitin4u

Answer by waitin4u at 11:45 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I put mine up after Thanksgiving and on New Years Eve, the lights are turned off at midnight. I am from the south and I was raised that it was bad luck to have the lights on after New Years. Then New Years day we start taking everything down and packing it away.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 5:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Meh... Don't know that I will... IF we do anything, we'll put up a string of lights or something, nothing big...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:43 PM on Oct. 30, 2010

• I am not sure. We will only put up a tree with my hubby so that would have to be before Thanksgiving so we will see.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• the day after Thanksgiving.

LoriAnn87

Answer by LoriAnn87 at 9:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• About two weeks before
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 9:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Inside the house, we decorate the week of Thanksgiving, so it's nice and festive for both holidays. Then we get the tree the week after Thanksgiving because we do a live tree, and we decorate outside the week after Thanksgiving also.
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 3:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Probably around the 13th or 14th of December. We are the type of people that would put them up Christmas Eve and take them down the day after if we could get away with it.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 11:56 PM on Oct. 30, 2010