Only at daycare ????

Currently I have to pick my nephew up from daycare (he's 2). In the last week I've notcied that he might have a scratch or two when I pick him up. I know he's a bit much to handle , and he could've done it to himself . When ever I ask his teacher either she doesn't know or she thinks he did it, I never get a clear answer . When I worked with children we wrote reports for things like this .Other than this problem the school is top notch around here . Should I continue to let my sister pay for him to be there or just pull him out ?

waitin4u

Asked by waitin4u at 12:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Have her ask the director or manager about it. They are suppose to write it up or at least be able to tell you what happened. I would do that first before pulling him out of somewhere that he has gotten used to.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 12:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Is he there because he needs someone to watch him while you work? If you can, is there a chance you could kind of show up at differing times to check on him, and see how many adults per child are present, and what exactly is going on?
    txdaniella

Answer by txdaniella at 12:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• All in all its your sisters choice but I see how you would be worried
    jessesmama22

Answer by jessesmama22 at 12:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• How do you know he got them at daycare if you are just picking him up? Maybe they really don't know. Why would you expect someone to write a report on something they know nothing about? Scratches,small bruises and minor cuts on shins, arms, and some parts of the face are VERY common to young children and not found alarming by most pediatricians. I spoke to my pediatrician about this because my son isthe dare devil who is always falling down, tripping, and fighting with his sister who can be get a little rough! I wouldn't just go pulling him out every time he gets a scratch that no one knows about. There is usually behavior that goes along with abuse.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I personally wouldn't worry about it.  But that's just me.  My 9yo son comes and shows me some new cut, bruise, scrape every day.  The other day he came home from school with a bunch of scratches over his eye and the beginning of a shiner.  I was like what happened this time.  He ended up colliding with another kid in gym class.  End of story.  Then on Friday during recess he got kicked in the leg while playing soccer so was moaning about it when he got home.  He just put an ice pack on it and went about his day.  Kids get hurt...all the time.  If I worried about how he got ever single little scratch I'd go nuts.  Half the time my kids give them themselves.  Heck my 3mo has scratches all over him...because I don't notice he needs his nails trimmed until I see the scratches.

justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 2:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2010