how much do u have to be diolated in order for them to admit u

I went to the hospital this morning thinking my water broke well it didnt but had regular contrations pretty strong and alot of pressure as of thurs i was 1cm diolated this morning i was 3cm how much diolatrion do u have to be in order for them to admit u??? because i cant take the pain anymore and i cant eat because of it.. or sleep

Tia20

Asked by Tia20 at 12:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Pregnancy

• Usually around 4 with constant contractions.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 12:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think different hospitals have different policy's. With my hospital it was 4 centimeters.
    mommytoJames512

Answer by mommytoJames512 at 12:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Usually 4, but they want you to have regular contractions. There's no point in admitting you unless you want them to intervene. You're better off being at home in early labor. At the hospital where I delivered, the rule is 5-1-1: contractions 5 minutes apart, lasting 1 minute each, for 1 hour. In the meantime, go for a walk (with your SO! You don't want to go alone in labor, especially at night), rock your hips, squat, do what you can to get Baby down and move things along and to get comfortable (relatively, anyway). You can also take a bath to take the pressure off. Good luck, and happy laboring, mama! YOU CAN DO THIS!!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 12:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was at 5cm for 5-6 weeks with my youngest boy,3 cm with two, and 4cm with my last and they still sent me home. There has to be consistent hard contractions, or your cervix has to be changing every hour or so to be admitted.
    Musicmom80

Answer by Musicmom80 at 12:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• well was having consistent contractions 2-4 min apart and they were strong still r and i got out of the hosipaital at 8am its now 9:56pm and iv had nasuea all day diarreahea head ache contractions and pressure its so hard idk
    Tia20

Comment by Tia20 (original poster) at 12:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Depends on your Dr i was 3 cm but because i wasn't 100% thined out he said he couldnt induce labor.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 1:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• from what they told me 4 cm.
    valeriesmom16

Answer by valeriesmom16 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was told 4, and with my 2nd I was 4 with no contractions but i had her 4 hours after getting to the hospital! All natural too :)
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 8:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2010