Can your iron level change?

I had my iron checked in the very beginning of my pregnancy.
Can your iron level change though?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• yes it can. My doctor tested iron levels every visit.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• when they draw blood do they test your iron level normally?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yes.. your baby takes the nutrients from you.. soo you can go from having high iron to being anemic.. ive always had really good iron levels, but im anemic right now at 7 months preggo.. they test you every time you have a blood test to check levels
    sunshinebaby209

Answer by sunshinebaby209 at 1:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• it can change in a day or it can stay the same for months. just depends on a lot of factors.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yes my iron level totally changed! I got anemic that they even had to inject me 20 iron shots because I lost alot of it after I had my son.
    kimaam

Answer by kimaam at 2:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yes and no. For everyone it decreases because your blood volume goes up so you have less iron per unit, it dissapates. Some women are anemic and do not eat a iron rich diet loose iron to the baby..
    vsrillo

Answer by vsrillo at 3:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Sure can, with all my pregnancies I had to take Slow FE pills.
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• They should check your iron with a finger prick every 2 months?? Not happening??? Of coarse it can change, as does everything else with your pregnancy, your baby is taking all of vital nutrition from YOUR body, if you aren't getting enough iron, with the increase in blood, as well as expenditure of energy and nutrients, you are very likely to become anemic.

smilinghug

Answer by smilinghug at 10:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2008