Were you a SAHM that went back to work after a couple of years?

Did you go back to your old job? Or did you train in a new field? How hard would you say it was to go back to work??

I'm just thinking of what it would be like. We've moved, so my old job isn't even a consideration. After almost 3 years of staying at home, I feel out of touch in my old field (publishing/marketing), so the idea of trying to find work - especially in these times - is a bit scary for me.

phoofy

Asked by phoofy at 1:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Money & Work

• I've been a SAHM for a little over 3 years now. I never planned on returning to work, but times have gotten tough. I now work from home, and I love it! I have the best of both worlds. I am a stay at home Mommy to my 3 year old son, and 19 month old daughter. I work with a great team of Moms; we help each other create income from home. No parties, No inventory! Weekly pay! Free website, training, and unlimited support!!
    I would love to give you more information and help you reach your financial goals!

Erika
    Proud Member of Internet CEO Moms!
    Helping MOMS Work from Home since 1999!
    Visit my website:
    www.OurCEOMom.com
    mommy2joeynabby

Answer by mommy2joeynabby at 1:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• a SAHM WHO went back to work......
    I went back to banking after 15 years. It worked out well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I only stayed home for awhile to finish my BA in teaching. I went back and took a new career path-teacher. I never planned to stay home and really when looking back on those 2 years...I was not happy staying home.
    Mom2Just1

Answer by Mom2Just1 at 5:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Have you kept in touch with your professional network?

Answer by rkoloms at 6:26 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Dip your toe back in with some contract work. Start going to local meeting of a professional association (like the American Marketing Association); volunteering at an event is a fantastic way to meet people.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:27 PM on Oct. 31, 2010