what would you tell your so if he responded like this about keeping your house clean?

So i came home today at 8pm after putting a 12 hr shift. we have 2 boys 4&2yrs& a 15 yr old dd, shes my sd.So i understand things get messy, but my house was dirty to where if you stepped in the kitchen you could feel & hear how sticky the floor was w/ur shoes, the kitchen had this mornings dirty dishes one of the boys spilled red kool aid on my beige chair& toys were thrown everywhere, paper was all over& my sd&df were just watching tv. I told him in front of his dd that she was 15& she was old enough to help& that our kids were able to understand that they had to clean up, even if he has to tell them 10x they will eventually do it.Itold him that i was tired of having to remind everyone that we need to keep our house clean.He then tells me not to go in the kitchen if i dnt want to see the dirty floor& to go to bed because i was just tired. I was like wtf i started arguig w.him n started cleaning, he then started to clean

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• mow in my room but if he thinks im letting this one go he is wrong, am i over reacting ?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• If it was a one time thing it might be an overreaction, but if this is common, then no you aren't overreacting.
    rhianna1708

Answer by rhianna1708 at 1:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yea the house is always dirty like that when i get home, i can understand that he is tired my problem is that he wont even ask the kids to pick up after themselves, most of the mess is always from them anyways, It also gets me upset that he wont tell his dd to help out.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• no, I have worked saturdays forever and I went through the same thing with my dh. I also had step kids who where over every other weekend. Since she is 15, a bonus incentive might be to pay her for babysitting and helping clean up a little before you get home. That worked for my step dd. It actually was something my step dd looked forward to when she came to visit. She also felt appreciated when I thanked her like crazy when I got home. It brought us closer together. You dont have to ask her in a way that makes her feel like she is stuck doing it. Just offer it as a suggestion and the money part, (not a huge amount), just something to say thank you. will mean a lot to her,,,as for my dh, I gave up trying with him. My step dd saved the day!
    beyondhopes

Answer by beyondhopes at 1:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i have, i told her that if she could help me i would pay her as a thank you, i told her i knew she was a teenager& when i was a teenager i liked having a few extra bucks on me in case my friends n i decided to go to the mall or movies& still nothing, My kids pick up& continue to make a mess but at least they do it when i ask them.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 1:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yeah the kids need to be helping. That's just ridiculous, I cant get over him saying don't go in the kitchen, If he knew it was dirty he should have cleaned at least a little
    kileighsmommie

Answer by kileighsmommie at 8:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think you are holding the hot potato!... Teens tend to overlook cleaness, neatness... it's not important to them..... On the other hand you husband should be on your side, he should stood up and be on your side............ Hope things change for you!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 8:33 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We live in the same house after five hours of class and seven hours of working I come home and have homework but the house looks like hell dishes in the sink laundry piling up no one but me to do it and yard work no one will do He complains all of the time its not done but sleeps all day and will not do it.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 9:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would be very upset.
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 1:07 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• well if he wont do it, you work too much, and you cant get the kids to do it......... hire someone.
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010