Finding mommy friends = dating all over again?

Does anyone else feel like trying to find mommy friends is like dating all over again? Finding a mom the same age, same interests, lifestyle, same schedule, making sure the babies/kids get along.....blah blah blah....

I feel like there needs to be a mommy friends website. I find people that are like me here on CafeMom but they all seem to live in another state. Maybe this isn't the site for looking for "in the flesh" mommy friends, but I'm giving it shot and FYI my Cafemom group for making local friends is pretty dead.

Is anyone else finding this hard to do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• it does feel like dating...lol best of luck mama...
    iNk-FrEaK

Answer by iNk-FrEaK at 1:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• where do u live
    yankeegirl87

Answer by yankeegirl87 at 1:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• VERY much in the same boat! DH is a police officer so that makes it even harder to find friends because I have to be extra careful. It is also awkward once you meet a potential friend. Do I give her my number? Do I ask for hers? What if she isn't feeling the connection? Lmao dating is easier, an interested guy is usually staring at your tits so there is no wondering involved.
    chillybreeze

Answer by chillybreeze at 1:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• lol... I totally feel this! The park is totally like a singles bar.

Try meetup.com, bigtent.com and raisingthem.com. I run a playgroup on meetup and wouldn't have any "mommy friends" without it. Now we're like highschoolers seeing each other nearly everyday, forming "cliques" and bonding. Okay, it's not nearly as bad as highschool... we have a good group of families! :) GL!
    LeanneC

Answer by LeanneC at 1:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I feel the same way.. Lol. I need mommy friends so bad! I feel like I am desperately dating. LOL...
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I definitely feel the same way. I've met some nice people recently, but no one I really click with so far. And the few that I do get along with really well have kids different ages from mine or they work long hours so it's hard to coordinate. Meeting new people can be so awkward. Even if I talk to someone for a while and they seem nice, I never know whether to try to set up a play date or exchange numbers or just take a chance that we'll run into each other again to talk more. I don't want to miss an opportunity to get to know someone, but I don't want to seem pushy either. I think dating was less stressful sometimes. LOL
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yep I know how that feels
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 12:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Try meetup.com and see if there is a local mommy group. It gets much easier once your kids are in school.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:51 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• lol..it most definitely is :)
    socalikim

Answer by socalikim at 3:27 AM on Nov. 1, 2010