Do you still practice the same faith you were raised in?

Just curious :) I was raised a Christian and now I am Muslim. For those of you who left the faith of your parents, was it hard for you to do, and why? What made you realize that their faith was not your faith?

VeggieMuslima

Asked by VeggieMuslima at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• VERY loosely.
    Luisa621

Answer by Luisa621 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I WAS RAISED LUTHERN, BUT WHEN I GOT OLDER, I MET A LADY THROUGH ANOTHER FRIEND, SHE INVITED ME TO CHURCH, SO I AM HAPPY WITH APOSTOLIC FAITH, IS WHERE I GO, WHICH IS PENTACOASTAL
    calkin2003

Answer by calkin2003 at 2:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Nope. My egg donor was raised as a Catholic, and she decided to be a Jehovah's Witness. I dealt with it until I was 16, and then I quit going. No, it wasn't hard. I do share some of the same beliefs, but I don't agree with how they tell people to run their lives. Such as: "You can't associate with anyone who is not a J.W.", "You can't celebrate your own birthday" (or anyone's-can't even celebrate any holidays), "You HAVE to skip work to be at church." There's many more, but that's just to name a few. Anyway, I share beliefs of a lot of different religions, so I don't go to church or anything. I am more spiritual than religious.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 2:32 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was raised Catholic but got baptized as a Christian a few yrs ago, then i stopped going to Church it sounds bad but i cant say i have found God.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Raised Episcopalian but now I am agnostic.
    Roadfamily6now

Answer by Roadfamily6now at 3:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Was raised Baptist and still are.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 4:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was raised Roman Catholic with Russian Orthodox teachings on the side (went to church with my great grandmother occasionally)
    I am now Kemetic Orthodox and I practice witchcraft.
    Not really. My mum was always very open with me about the Church and after i read the bible.. that was all it took for me to decide to search for my path.
    Kaelansmom

Answer by Kaelansmom at 4:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• peaople change there believes when they'r convinced , im muslim and im 100% convinced , i do respect other religions but i believe on mine
    caramelH

Answer by caramelH at 4:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I was very forcefully raised Christian. It never really felt right to me. I always felt like I was putting on a show and hiding what I really believed. I'm an Eclectic Pagan Witch now. It wasn't difficult at all for me to "make the change" since I just started doing what felt right to me. I'm only "out of the broom closet" to a few close friends, though, because it's (quite literally) not safe to be publicly out around here. My family would do everything possible, even lie, to have my daughter removed from my care if they were to find out.
    Mrs.BAT

Answer by Mrs.BAT at 6:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i was baptized catholic grew up to visit many different churches never settling on one though if i was asked i would say i was christian. today i have been muslim for close to 5 years and i'm fully vested .
    Aasiyah

Answer by Aasiyah at 8:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010