How would you punish your son for this? Having sex when he is supposed to watch his sister

My 16 year old son was left in charge of watching his baby sister while my husband and i went to the hospital to be with our 15 year old who is in ICU. My daughter is 6 mind you well come to find out my son brought his girlfriend over and had sex because my hubby more or less caught them in the act when we got home. I am not so much mad about the sex as i am about the fact he didn't bother watching his sister and he left her to fend for herself. My hubby is acting like its not a big deal but i think it is. What would you do here? Advice?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• Does he have car access? That might hit hard to take it away for awhile.

P.S. I would be upset about the sex, but since you aren't my suggested punishment is based solely on the lack of caring for his sister.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• After i picked my mouth up off the floor i would beat that ass know i'm kiddding we would have a long talk about trust andhe would be on a puishment
    bird846

Answer by bird846 at 3:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Um hello??Not upset about him having sex , thats the main reason why he wasnt watching over his sister. He must think its okay to have sex at 16 because he knows you guys wont get upset, well at least he now knows to have it before or after watching his sister.
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would take away all his privileges. How long was she alone? She is 6, so it's not like she's a tiny baby, but it's still wrong. GL @gabby06, kids will have sex regardless of whether their parents approve or not. I think that as long as she's talked to him about the birds/bees, and that he's prepared, there's nothing wrong with it. It's better than just closing your mind and saying "If I don't help you, you just won't have sex." UHM...YES...they will. Even if you put them under close supervision, they will always find a way around it.
    SAMNMAYASMOM

Answer by SAMNMAYASMOM at 3:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Of course they will, im not saying it wont ever happen, i guess we are all raised different, some people say "Id rather them do it here than outside the house" Im sure my 15yr old sd isnt a virgin either& yes the thought of her not being one does upsetdf& I,we have talked to her about the birds n the bees as well,we know it will or could of already happened, but will she bring a boy here n pull that shit on df& I? Hell no!
    gabby06

Answer by gabby06 at 3:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I wouldn't really approve of my underage daughter having sex but I am not stupid or blind and know that they will do it if they really want to. I just told them that they had better be protected and careful but I still have a beautiful granddaughter that lives with me. Anyway, you didn't say if you knew that his gf was going to be there while you were gone. If you did know that she was going to be there, then I would tell him that when he is watching his sister, he couldn't have company over. My kids weren't allowed to have anyone over at the house if I wasn't there. Until he could prove that he was more responsible, he would have to watch her all alone.Does he understand what she could have happened to her while he was preoccupied? 6 years olds are still curious and if they think you aren't watching them, then they will try things or get into things they know you don't want them to.
    yomomma1A

Answer by yomomma1A at 4:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Ouch........... I have a 16 year old, and I can imagine walking in to his room and find him in the act!!.... If you don't say or do anything...He will think that is OK...
    So I would take his cell or laptop, away to make him see that what he did was wrong..
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 8:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yes, I'd be mad and I'd also be mad at the little slut he was having sex with. What kind of girl would behave that way.
    prettybaby1

Answer by prettybaby1 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Im not sure what I would do... but it would be HUGE!

1) had sex
    2) exposed his 6 yr old to immoral behavior
    3) didnt watch his 6 yr old sister
    4) you were not on a date... you were in ICU with the other sib
    5) doesnt show ANY respect for ANYone in the family.

HUGE HUGE HUGE issue for me.

best of luck... with him and the child in ICU
    sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The whole situation would upset me. We actually had a no sex until you are out of high school RULE in our house and yes, my 4 sons all followed that rule because we made valid points on WHY to wait. And, as a matter of fact, my 20yo son and and 18yo son still have not hd sex because neither of them are at points in their lives where they are ready for the possible responsibility of children and my 24yo waited until he got married at 21 to have sex. My 22yo was 18 & out of high school and 9 mos. later he became a dad & it was a struggle for him which impacted his brothers. The other 3 realized that we had valid points & that fatherhood was not something they wanted until they had careers and stability.

So, I would have been furious if my 16yo had had sex, more furious if he had had sex in my house and past livid if my 6 yo had been around! My child would be grounded and not trusted for a very long time.
    tracylynnr67

Answer by tracylynnr67 at 12:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010