If theres an illegal alien stealing money from everyone he meets what should I do? because he stold from me too

He rented one of the houses of my grandma, didnt pay her rent for 6 months so he ended up owing her more than a thousand dollars, she felt bad in telling him to get out because she felt bad for his kids but he still never paid her. He wouldnt work at all he would do is fix beat up cars so they can work for a day or two then sell them and scam the people, when they would come back to return the car he would tell them he already wasted the money, I had no idea he was like that until one day my grandma told me he can do some carpentry work for me so I actually trusted him and gave him 200 dollars to buy the material well guess what he never showed up and his excuse was he had to pay some tickets he owed for driving like a maniac.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• continuation:
    Well I told him to pay it back asap and 4 months went by and he never did so my grandma since she told me about him she felt bad and paid me the money back, so she finally told him to move out and he finally did but he left owing her more than 1,000 dlls, and he owes tons of other people I know too, so thats why I really want to put a stop to that but the freakin cops want me to pay them or the constables 150.00 inorder for them to do something about it, so should I just call the borderpatrol on him so he can stop scaming people?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• so, you knew he was illegal in the first place and still let himwork for you or whatever? thats not very smart. but yes i would call border control.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• if someone steals you call the cops but just because people believe his scams doesn't mean he's stealing.

call INS or border patrol
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I guess I would do what I would do if it were anyone else.. I would stop doing anything to help this person.. Whatever you are doing to make it possible for him to steal from you, stop doing... You don't have to turn him in.. He's a human, same as anyone else.. Just stop enabling him...
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• This is a toughy because there are innocent children involved. The way I see it, he's already stole from your grandma by not paying her back. If it was an American citizen, you could sue his ass but because he's not, don't think you can't or shouldn't do anything. Tell your grandma to tell him he better start paying up or you'll call INS on his ass!
    olifloresdiana

Answer by olifloresdiana at 2:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• anon 12:56a.m
    I had no idea he was an illegal in the first place, my grandma told me he was one after I told her he took off with my money.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The way I see it is, if he was American what would you do? Say 'hey pay up or I'll sue" right? So tell him, pay up or you'll call INS!
    olifloresdiana

Answer by olifloresdiana at 2:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Another bad thing about that is if they send him back to his country he'll probably come back.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Wait, the man didn't pay your grandmother, and she didn't tell you that he owed her $1000, and you "didn't know he was like that", so are you saying that your grandmother encouraged YOU to give HIM money to work for you, but didn't warn you? That sounds fishy. But I'm sure, in the words of many here on this forum, they will tell you that at least you were helping his children. Don't you know that we are supposed to embrace these folks, b/c of the children? <<---ok, that's my smart alec side sneaking out. Down you bad girl....lol.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• olifloresdiana, do you really think he's hanging around town? LOL I don't think he's sitting around with his buds. I'd suppose he's moved on to greener pastures, and more people he can sucker.
    lifeasinoit

Answer by lifeasinoit at 2:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2008