Do you need to have an EXORCISM?

Many things besides demon possesion can cause the need for spiritual guidance and help.Our family tree holds many dark mysteries to how we may be acting today.I have bad habits that I wouldn't classify myself as demon possesed but that possibly the demons have tempted me to think a certain way.The devil uses everybody who was in our lives to shape us into who we are today.What bad experiences have you had to make you cold hard and unforgiving to others?The devil uses these things to make it hard for you to come to God.

countingsparows

Asked by countingsparows at 1:56 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• i believe that demons, spirits etc etc. are all around us...right now as i speak...but for them to control us or influence, is up to us and our own personal moral code
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• if it's demons making me believe what I believe then I think I like my little pet demons :) I'm quite happy with my beliefs thank you.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• There are some days... LOL!!
    pupmom

Answer by pupmom at 2:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You have to believe in demons in order to believe that you are being possessed by one. Not once in all of history has a Pagan or a Wiccan ever been "possessed by demons".

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• This question isn't about whether you do or don't believe in God.It's not about the devil,even though I mentioned these two things,I want to focus on you and what bad experience you've had,that have caused you to think about needing an exorcism.Personally,I've had a charasmatic pastor pray over my damaged emotions and to me that was like an exorcism.He was casting out the devil and speaking tongues over me.I did feel better after that,but it can and has come back.And so it's important to keep praying about it and have others pray about it.
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• oh really? I thought it said Do you need to have an EXORCISM? LOL my bad
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• "What bad experiences have you had to make you cold hard and unforgiving to others?"

It makes me a bit angry when people try to force their religion upon me.

"The devil uses these things to make it hard for you to come to God."

I do not believe in the Christian "devil"...I am perfectly at peace with my gods and goddesses.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think you need a psychiatrist.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I wrote that ,right after my question--I didn't expect people to answer so fast.So,I wanted to mention more of what I was really trying to say.I know people on here are sensitive about God and the talk about God and that's not really what I'm asking.There's always those who want to pick fights about these sensitive topics and that's because they are hurting.I'm sorry that you are hurting and because so am I.I have confessed that I need a Exorcism?Why can't we just talk and not get so upset?I'm asking people if they're holding bitterness,anger,hatred towards anyone,because I believe that can cause you spiritual death...
    countingsparows

Answer by countingsparows at 2:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• yes I agree holding bitterness, anger and hatred can harm your mental status and your spirtualness (no matter what relgion that is) I just personally don't follow the exorcism thing. I however do not see much difference in discussing these issues with a priest or with a psychologist. Both help you in the same manner by letting you speak openly to an objective party and they give you advice on how to handle it.
    flutterfae

Answer by flutterfae at 2:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2008