Have you seen any 3D movies that you thought were actually worth the extra money?

We missed Saw 7 in 2D at our local theater, but found a 12:15AM 3D showing this morning at a theater about an hour away and went to see it. It's the first 3D movie that I've seen that I thought was actually worth paying a little extra. It ended up costing $24 or $25 total for our tickets to see it (there was an extra $2 charge for the late showing, also), but we both LOVED it. I'm so happy we got to see it in theaters.

Mrs.BAT

Asked by Mrs.BAT at 5:15 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• Coraline was really awesome in 3D, much creepier and scarier than in 2D, (which may not be so good for the kids) I haven't seen anything else in 3D yet. Apparently Saw is really good, may have to see it.
    Annabel1809Lee

Answer by Annabel1809Lee at 3:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• So far the only 3D movie I can honestly say I thought was worth it was Avatar..and that was a while back lol. I haven't seen Saw yet but Id like to. 3D doesnt impress me too much and my kiddos are too young to even try to get them to keep glasses on so I just don't bother with it usually.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I HATED Avatar. I saw it in 3D and I was not impressed by it at all. It almost turned me completely against 3D. I saw it in 2D later and I thought it was just as bad. Apparently I'm one of only like 3 people on the planet that didn't like Avatar lol. Then I saw Alice in Wonderland in 3D and it wasn't very good in 3D. Amazing in 2D, but no real 3D aspects to it, either. Saw was kind of impressive in 3D, though. I expected a bit more to pop out, but it was by far the most that I've ever seen pop out in a 3D movie. It was gruesome :)
    Mrs.BAT

Comment by Mrs.BAT (original poster) at 7:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• oh I loved Avatar....

I know, I hate the extra price and that you can't just bring in 3d glasses from previous shows...what a waste of plastic and money in my opinion.....

BUT, I totally love the 3D....I think the best 3D we saw was Monsters vs. aliens...though I really hated the movie...it was sooo stupid...but the effects of the 3D were fantastic in that one....as far as total package goes, Up is a clear favourite....and we liked Dispicable Me too.....
    FXmomTo3

Answer by FXmomTo3 at 7:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I've only seen Toy Story / Toy Story 2 in 3D...
    TiffyTaffy79

Answer by TiffyTaffy79 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Saw the New cats vs dogs in #D pretty good, Toy Story in 3D was not good imo.
    davecswife

Answer by davecswife at 10:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2010