If you don't like living in the USA, Why do you stay?

Prayerpartner

Asked by Prayerpartner at 5:51 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Travel

• My husband and I both lived in Germany for 3 years. Whenever someone asks us about it we tell them that we miss it everyday and wish we could move back. 99% of the time the next question that we are asked is "If you don't like living in the USA, Why do you stay?" It's not about not liking living here. We like to live here. Our family and friends are here. But there is a piece of us that longs to be in Germany. I have never fully been able to explain this to people until I read the book Grandfather's Journey. It is about an immigrant from Japan who moves to California. He lives in California for awhile but he misses home so he moves back to Japan. While he is in Japan he misses California. That is the exact same way that both my husband and I feel. It's not that we don't like to live in the USA, it is just that Germany was part of our home for 3 years and we fell in love with it.

JeremysMom

Answer by JeremysMom at 7:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It's not that I don't like living in the US. I love my home and the city in which I live. I also have an affinity for another country. My husband's sisters live there. Our nieces and nephews are there. We could live a very different life that appeals to us in a much easier way. Health care/insurance would be much easier. Not being in a religious minority would be much easier as well.

balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 6:28 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• There are some good things about the USA and some bad, same with any other country. I miss the USA when I am overseas and miss my country overseas when I am in the USA.
    heatkab2

Answer by heatkab2 at 9:32 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• confused

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010