Do you have a running gag in your family, with your friends, at work .... ?

WHat is it? Does it still make you laugh?

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 6:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• At work, I'm always asking the maintenance guys "what are you doing?". It started out because I needed them to do something, but it has continued now so that they answer me crazy stuff...."putting on our costumes", "having a meeting about how to make you be quiet", "why are you asking, are you the C.I.A.?" on and on.....

With family: I was 4 and a half when my brother was born. I decided the year that my brother turned 40 that I was tired of being the older one. So I decided that I'd start going backwards in years as he goes forward. So, that year I turned 43 as he turned 40, the next year I was 42 and he was 41. We are now 36 (me) and 48 (him). Our extended family is very confused, but I'm pretty happy.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• When we were growing up, my older brother had a ringtail monkey. At a family gathering, my youngest brother was regaling everyone with a very funny story about the monkey getting out of his cage. But, he kept saying it was a chimpanzee, and being corrected by several of the siblings saying it was a monkey. He kept insisting it was a chimp. Well, soon after, my sister saw a stuffed monkey and sent it to him-with no return address or name. He figured out it was her and sent her a stuffed chimp. She started sending him monkeys of every kind, and got the rest of us, living all over the country to send him postcards, birthday cards, anything with a monkey on it. This has been going on now for about 10 years. At first he was a bit perturbed, now he loves it. He has quite a collection, including sheets and towels, Christmas ornaments and wine. And yet, he still insists it was a chimp.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 9:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My husband and his brothers have this Christmas thing. Each year one gets this really ugly brown shirt and the other gets an army man that is missing a foot. I have been married to this man for 31 years. Each year, someone rips the wrapping off and finds the same old tattered box with the shirt and someone else gets the man. They laugh like it was the first time. There use to be a lamp shade that made the rounds. It wall all tattered, yellowed, and really ugly. I don't know what happened to that.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Well once when my husband and I went on a trip he spilled cheese on his lap so now I tell him "you should check your cheese" when he has something on his lap or the zipper is open. I laugh at my self.
    mmmegan38

Answer by mmmegan38 at 1:08 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yes I do, my best friend got his truck broke into and they took everything and I mean everything, sunglasses, zippos, GPS, I mean everything. Well when he was telling me about he told me that they even took his floor mats and I just thought that, that was hilarious and so now every time one of us says floor mats we laugh lol
    LiLJeni

Answer by LiLJeni at 2:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010