Baby Shower Favors

Does anyone have any ideas for really really inexpensive but creative baby shower favor ideas? Especially using things that are already around the house? I'd also like to revolve it around Reeces Cups as it's sorta a theme of the shower.

Any ideas?

FrunchyMama

Asked by FrunchyMama at 2:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Use frozen reese cups, take cake icing tubes and draw a baby face on the reese cup, insert a skewer stick in the bottom and voila custom baby suckers
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You could make "cupcakes" in baby food jars. Just pour cake mix into baby food jars and bake as normal. Take out of oven and let cool. To go along with the "reeces cup" theme, you could bake Reeces Pieces Candy in with the cake batter and put a small reeces cup on top. You can decorate the lids of the "cupcakes" with ribbon and other cloth.

I made these for my husband during his deployments to iraq and afghanistan and he loved them.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 2:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• one think my MIL did for me was she made baby diapers out of napkins and put chex mix in them and those were our favors. You could put some Mini Reces in there. You just fold a square napkin in half diagonally to form a triangle. Then you bring up the three ends together and meet them in the middle and secure it with a safety pin! Fill the diaper with a snack and voila!
    olifloresdiana

Answer by olifloresdiana at 2:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I made photo copies of my 28 week sonogram. Then I went to the 99cent store and got some adorable small baby frames. For every chair at the table, I put the framed sono in the middle of the table. Everyone loved it.
    MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S

Answer by MiiSSHiiSCAMP0S at 2:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2008