If married is it ok to conversate about sex with ex's or old flings? Does that consider disrespect from your spouse more or the old friend?

They tell you their just a childhood friend from the neighborhood but they never mention they have slept with them before and old flings still have feelings for them and knows their married.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Relationships

• Yes it's disrespectful and dishonest. A marriage needs to be built around honesty and respect.  Always use the "If the tables were turned" thought process and see how the feelings may change. 

luvmygrlz

Answer by luvmygrlz at 6:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think it's always healthy to be honest in a relationship..but from personal experience I know that there are just some people from my past who arent even worth mentioning because they really meant nothing to me..Was just young and having fun. BUT..only difference is I havent seen those particular people in years and have no desire to at all.
    Ctink8189

Answer by Ctink8189 at 6:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• ofcourse it's very disrespectful that spouse is conversating with one of ex's and especilly talking abour sex -- i agree with luvmygrlz if the tables were turned-- i always use the thought of process with husband and it works .. it makes them see there error more clearly good luck..
    Genesis29

Answer by Genesis29 at 6:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think depends.... Each couple is different... You can give a hint about your past, and if he wants to know more, I would tell him... In my case I asked and he asked....... that that was it.. That is OUR past.....I wanted to know how he was-acted before he met me!!

Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 7:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It depends. I do not discuss previous relationships or "hook ups" because that is disrespectful. However, I was sexually abused and have discussed that with my dh because he has helped me emotionally heal from the experience.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• "converse about sex" ???? 

Are you telling your ex about your current sex life?  YES - disrespectful

Are you reminiscing with your ex about your past sex life?  YES - disrespectful

ARe you talking about sex in general... as in sexual banter with an ex?  YES - disrespectful and tacky.

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 2:12 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would consider it very disrespectful if my dh discussed sex with anyone other than me (another woman). And had he been sexually active before we met and was discussing THEIR sex, I would find that horribly disrespectful! And discussing our sex life, no matter what or who, would be such a betrayal of trust that I'm not sure I could forgive!
    Austinsmom35

Answer by Austinsmom35 at 3:14 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• tacky, wrong and disrespectful.
    canta1980

Answer by canta1980 at 12:21 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I would not talk to any of my ex's about sex or anything of that nature. I can't standy any of them, but even if I could stand them, I would not discuss that with them!
    mom2maddie06

Answer by mom2maddie06 at 1:16 AM on Nov. 1, 2010

• It depends on how open you are about sex and marriage in the first place. I don't consider it disrespectful but apparently some do.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 9:42 AM on Nov. 1, 2010