what is this...fear?

ill try to explain this best i can. i dont classify myself a christian, pagan, anything. just that i have a spritual side. i do believe in a heavenly father, the arch angels, angels, spirits, demons, satan etc. but i never put a lot of faith into the bible simply cause it was written by the hands of a man. i always believed it was something in your heart and faith came from within, not a book. i used to be much more spiritual but i closed it off...cause of this fear i get. my family for some reason, the owman have always been really open and seemed to be spiritually "different" we see things, we feel things that cant be explained and i no i dont mean the curtain moving, i mean literal figures and voices , some things good, some things bad..

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Religion & Beliefs

• .when i was very open spiritually i prayed often, i had a sense of god but i never went to church, every church ive tried was very hypocritical. but when i do open up to this and open up to god in my heart...i get a lot of fears. i feel things aroun dme..bad things...i get nightmares, ill try to go to sleep and ill get this all over paralysis feeling and tingling sensations and a feeling someone is sitting on me...i get the shit scared out of me pretty much. but when i close it off (did that ause i feared for myd aughter)it goes away and im fine. i literally feel threatened and pursued when i open myself up like this on a dangerous level..i feel it right now just talking about it so it scares me to open up again cause of my family now. i k new a christian woman once who was a psychic, she met me briefly and told me i had 3 demons that followed a larger one with me?? any thoughts would be appreciated.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 2:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• PLEASE READ BOTH POSTINGS, HAD TO SPLIT IT UP SINCE ONLY ALLOWED 1000 CHARACTERS.
    moki1984

• I think you should open yourself to all the spiritual things in your family. There's no reason to close yourself off to that. Don't be afraid. Just pray to God to lead you in the right direction. You may have a God given gift that you are surpressing.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Sorry I just read the second part of your post. I do understand you being scared now, but I still say open up to it. I feel you have to go through that to get past it to the next level. When you draw closer to God, the devil feels threatened, and tries to make you back off.
    robinann5

Answer by robinann5 at 2:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Don't doubt for a second that the Devil is scared you might actually find God, and that he will do ANYTHING to try and keep you from leaving him! Especially if your only spiritual and not a born again believer in the Lord & Savior Jesus Christ specifically. Aside from church because that's religion- not a relationship with Jesus Christ, the only way to draw closer to God is through the Bible. Even if you don't have alot of faith in it now, if you earnestly pray to God to reveal Himself to you through the scriptrues He will. Even though the scriptures were written by men, they were all inspired through the Holy Spirit. Written over a vast time frame, by multiple men of different origins etc and yet they're all in Harmony with each other. Only God could make sure that happened. I'm honestly concerned for you though and the demons that are chasing you. Please write me, I'd love to talk more with you.
    RepentantSinner

Answer by RepentantSinner at 3:11 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I would suggest praying hardcore. You don't have to be a christian to pray. But these feelings of fear is not a good sign. They can't hurt you if you have God in your heart.
    SKARISKARA

Answer by SKARISKARA at 6:39 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I do believe that this scenario would classify as "spiritual warfare". I'll give you the readers digest version: the closer you are to God (or the closer you are finding God, etc.) the more that Satan is going to try to keep you from doing so. I've had first-hand experience in this area and can tell you that only God can make it stop. I know it's terrifying. Someone told me once (and now that I think about it, I'm not sure how true it is as I've never researched it myself....hmm...something to do once I'm done with this....) that while God knows your heart and can "read your mind", the devil cannot. Next time you feel this fear (or the demons, what-have-you) try praying OUT LOUD. I won't go into the whole story, but in one of my terrifying experiences, I finally got the courage to sit up and say (or scream) "In the name of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit, LEAVE ME ALONE!". I was nine....and it worked.
    DusterMommy

Answer by DusterMommy at 9:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Sounds terrifying! Satan will do anything to keep a gap between you and God. Pray to God and ask him to keep you safe from evil. Trust in him. Ask and it will be given to you :)
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 9:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Just keep in mind that not all things you see or hear are evil. Their are spirits of things that walk around us all the time, they are just natural spirits- not evil or ungodly. The more aware a person is of this and the more they allow thier mind to open up and see and hear these things, then the more likely it is that they do. I totally understand where you are coming from when you say this is in your family. You ae not the only one out there that can do this, so please don't think you are weird. Honestly, because you have this ability to see and hear- you are more open to being able to identify what is and is not evil as well. Don't be afraid of who you are, just be aware.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:31 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You also have to understand that Satan does not pick on random people, he will go after what benefits him the most. If you do have things that are following you it is more then likely because of who you are and that this is prolly something that has been going on for lifes before this one. Some souls can be tied into things and those souls go to people that really have no understanding of what they have been brought into. I think you will just fine as long as you do not dwell on it, but be able to be offensive if need be. I have also heard that it helps if you surround your self with running water, like if you live around creeks and streams- that is suppose to help as well, not too sure how, just heard it.
    BabyBeans0506

Answer by BabyBeans0506 at 12:38 PM on Oct. 31, 2008