How do I get out of this rut? I feel so unattractive these days!

I am 19 weeks pregnant with twins, my hair is a big ball of frizzy crap, i've got more acne now than I did when I was hitting puberty, and I just feel so icky most days! I would love to be able to get up every morning and fix my hair and do my make up but most of the time that is impossible with my two kiddos keeping me on my toes, and when I do take the time to do this I still think to myself "Well.. this is as good as it's going to get I suppose." LOL I just have this urge to make myself look and feel more attractive and i'm not sure how! Pregnant or not pregnant, what do you do when you start feeling this way??

Ctink8189

Asked by Ctink8189 at 8:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Beauty & Style

• Oh my, I am sorry...I know how you feel. When I was pregnant with my daughter, I too felt this way. I am sure you don't look like you feel and you will be done soon and realize that. Hang in there Mamma, I know how hard it can be. Can you have someone babysit for you and go to the spa even if you just get your nails done? Oh! You can also call Kohl's and go to their beauty department and they have a stylist that will put make up on you for free.....can you do that? They are usually pretty quick at and do a really good job.
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 6:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Dude seriously, I feel your pain. I'm 17 weeks pregnant, I'm basically a Barcalounger in a muumuu most of the time, I was criminally unattractive even before I maxed my ass out with this kid, I can't shave my legs because I'm all broken out with some kind of hormonal rash, plus I'd have little Chewbacca anklets anyway because I can't get to my feet, I already have two kids who descend upon my exhausted personage morning noon and night with needs, wants and demands, I get to have Pregnancy Acne AND wrinkles because I'm pushing 41 over here and in general, I feel about as attractive as an old fat goat with terminal mange.
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 10:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would take sometime and tell yourself you are attractive even if you just wash your face and brush your hair and put on some lipstick.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Take some "me time" if you get an opportunity. Also the night before you go to bed braid your hair or braid it in the morning just so that it is something different then your normal, put on some chap stick, and wear something that makes you feel pretty, or spray some perfume so you can smell pretty.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 8:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Shape your eyebrows, give yourself a facial (or use a mask), give yourself a pedi or mani (or both)....eat a bit healthier for a week or so (longer is optional), work out and get the endorphins going! All of these kind of perk ME up :)
    mainemusicmaker

Answer by mainemusicmaker at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• LOL thumbs up for making me laugh. Not that it is funny because I am soo with you haha. With my last 2 pregnancies I felt GREAT. No complaints on my hair, had that pregnancy "glow", and was still able to fit into alot of my pre-preggo clothes. This time.. ehhh not so much lol I will seriously try these things.. mani and pedi sounds amazing right now
    Ctink8189

Comment by Ctink8189 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• See if you can get someone to help you with the kids.. and endulge yourself, go to the hair salon, get a facial, massage! If the budget is tight, get a bubble bath, get a good facial tips on line, and do your nails!... Good Luck!
    Monica655

Answer by Monica655 at 12:06 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Being pregnant can wreak havoc on hair and skin. Be sure to take those vitamins, which I am sure you are.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:23 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• As my mother says "this too shall pass". Pregnancy is pretty hard on your body, so don't be too hard on yourself about it. Try getting fresh air ('cause that just makes everything better) and painting your nails, putting on a cute top, and throwing on some make-up or a new hairdo. And then go out with the girls. You'll feel better.
    ethans_momma06

Answer by ethans_momma06 at 11:40 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• try something new and see if you like it
    asil

Answer by asil at 11:48 PM on Oct. 31, 2010