Breastmilk

My breastmilk came in. I don't feel engorged, but I was wondering if there was anything I was supposed to do to prevent pain. Do I just keep feeding normally?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:21 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Just keep nursing and the supply and demand will even out and things will be fine. You may end up feeling engorged (not all women do though) and there really isn't much you can do about it except do not pump in between nursing sessions. I felt full and heavy, but never painfully engorged with either child and that went away after a few weeks. I nursed my first for 18 months and my second for 35 months so engorgement or lack of is no indication of issues.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 8:34 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Just keep feeding your baby normally. I never got engorged with either of my children. Actually, I didn't even realize when my milk came in until my son fell asleep at the breast and I saw some milk come out the corner of his mouth. Not everyone has pain and if you don't, don't worry about it.
    JulieJacobKyle

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 12:24 PM on Oct. 31, 2010