not so much "classic" as it is "old"

what "classic" novels have you read (either for personal enjoyment or school) that you just hated? that you thought, why the heck did this even get published?!
jane eyre and tess of the d'urbervilles (sp?) were both books that i wanted to stab with blunt objects. talk about the dumbest books ever!!
what about you?

AngryBob

Asked by AngryBob at 8:24 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Just for Fun

• I loved those books and as a writer I have a respect for the past writers and leave it at that a time past and this book is a mini record of it in its own way but yes there are some books that I would never read again.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 8:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Ethan Frome. Seriously, what was that about, really?
    A Seperate Peace. That should have been titled "Teen Angst Falls Out of Tree".
    Fistandantalus

Answer by Fistandantalus at 8:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I love Jane Eyre!

I didn't have much appreciation for Catcher in the Rye though!
    aliceinalgonac

Answer by aliceinalgonac at 9:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• The Tale of Two Cities.....................it should have just stayed an urban myth!!!

jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 10:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010