single woman adopting a child

im a single woman and i have one child*my own* i dont see myself getting married anytime soon, can single people adopt?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Adoption

• Yes they can...it's much easier to go through an adoption agency that lets the pregnant/expecting mothers choose who they want to adopt their child, though. Adoption agencies that already have children up for adoption will more than likely not choose a single parent to adopt one of their children over a married couple. Your chances will be greater if you use an agency that lets pregnant moms choose.

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 3:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• It depends. If you're looking for an international adoption, some countries do not allow single people to adopt. I know several single women who have adopted out of the foster care system, which is the cheapest option.
    StarLee

Answer by StarLee at 8:30 AM on Oct. 31, 2008