Getting my 4 yo to wipe himself

My four year old is fully potty trained and even stands to pee, but doesn't know how to wipe himself...How do I get him to do it? How do you teach it? I have an 11 yo and honestly don't remember how I taught her...lol.

STEVESBELLA4EVR

Asked by STEVESBELLA4EVR at 9:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• I didn't teach my boys. I just wiped for them until one day they no longer called me to the bathroom to do it. They were both about 4 when they started wiping themselves.
    my2.5boys

Answer by my2.5boys at 10:10 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• idk OP i'm having the same problem and all i got from people here was that it should have been shown at potty training and that he was 2 old to be having someone wipe for him. I have went to walmart and got the flushable equate wipes and i'm going to try them. I'll let you know how it goes.
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 12:54 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• lol you know what would be perfect, wipes that are mittens. They could just slip them on, wipe slip off and flush! The only problem i have had with the wipes so far is they slip over so that he wipes with part of his hand, try them
    wildwiccan83

Answer by wildwiccan83 at 5:06 PM on Nov. 1, 2010

• I've found that with my daughter she will actually wipe with the flushable wipes but not with the toilet paper unless I help her.And I try not to worry too much about the spots she misses that leave smudges on her panties, I just soak them in oxyclean.
    JadeRDragosani

Answer by JadeRDragosani at 4:54 AM on Nov. 2, 2010