What do you do with geraniums

Mine are still blooming outside its getting cold , Do i pick them and bring them in or leave them... Do they come back on there own, I bought them through 4h for my son and now don't know what to do

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Home & Garden

• I have read that you can pull them up and hang them upside down through the winter and then replant them in the spring. I have never tried it, because I don't have a place to hang them. I have one that I've brought inside for the past 3 years and it is still blooming right now. I haven't decided yet whether or not to bring it in or let it die this year. Geraniums are not winter hardy, so it won't come back on its own in the spring.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 10:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• bring them in.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 9:57 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I just let mine die off and I think you have to have a special kind for them to come back. I know you can bring them in the house and they will survive all winter but I just don't have that kind of room to have a bunch of other plants all around I already have a lot Good Luck with whatever you do
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2010