Do your teens teach your little kids things they should not.

Mine do and its not to bad, just things they dont need to be saying... How do i stop this...

kileighsmommie

Asked by kileighsmommie at 9:43 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Teens (13-17)

• I have 4 teens (19-17) and 4 younger ones (9-1). The type of language my little ones learn can be changed, my older ones have more freedom because they are older, my younger ones understand that there are some words that are meant for older people only.

My older ones like to "fight" with the younger ones and I have been telling them that one day they will be bigger...it happened, and they regret it!
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 8:05 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You CAN stop it!! You tell your older children to watch what they say and do in front of their younger siblings or there will be consequences. And if they don't stop - you take away the computer, the cell phone, TV time. Strip their bedroom of anything that isn't necessary - leave a bed - dress with a few clothes YOU select and an alarm clock. They can have a book or two for reading - but that's it. No game system time etc.

My older twins did watch what they said, did, and watched in front of their younger siblings. They are 5 and 7 years older than their sister and brother and it was MIDDLE SCHOOL that introduced most of the bad language that they have heard - not the older siblings.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 10:29 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• normally no.... but the other day they finger spelled the word slut in front of a 9 yr old... but she knew how to finger spell. I had to call her mom and tell her that she might get an interesting question at dinner.

Hey mom what is a slut?????

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 11:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• HaHa... Chances are my "little kids" could teach some of the teens out there things they shouldn't! lol!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• This is what older siblings do, no harm in that, you can't stop this!!!!!! but you can tell the little ones if what they are being taught is inappropriate.

Answer by older at 9:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010