Do you ask questions on here to actually get an answer?

I have read alot of questions on here and googled the question and viola, someone posted that answer. don't you think sometimes, not always it would be easier to just google it? www.google.com for those who are unaware.

1boy1girl4me

Asked by 1boy1girl4me at 12:29 AM on Jul. 4, 2008 in Just for Fun

• I was wondering the same thing. I think people post the question here to start up a conversation maybe?
    mamastefl

Answer by mamastefl at 12:42 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Lots of people here CLAIM they can google their own answers, but I am one of the few who do it when your asking a question looking for specific answers. Like a daycare center in a certain state or IVC clinic's in chicago.  I get bashed quite a bit for knowing I can open another browser window and goole while cafemom window is still open without logging out. What confuses me is I still get selected for best answer to questions I answered with a web site link.  I"m confused.
    vbruno

Answer by vbruno at 12:48 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• Google is a wonderful tool, but not personable. I think "most" mom's are looking for others actual experiences and opinions when they ask such questions. When you google, you sometimes have to weed thru a lot of sh** before you get your answer (even with advance options). It's hard to say "why" they don't look it up themselves, but instead of commenting "don't you know how to google", ask you may have already googled, but in-case you didn't here is what I think might "help" you. IMO.  For me, I'm not looking for a googled answer, but a more of a personal answer. I know how to google and figure most do too (but obviously not all do, but that's besides the point), so if I can't answer with my experience, then I don't answer (unless it might help, but always add my 2 cents in first).  Don't get me wrong, sometimes we just have brain farts & ask what is on our minds without searching.

Jesstsilly

Answer by Jesstsilly at 1:47 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I like to ask questions on here because actual people give you an answer. They prob have tried the things or know someone that has so they have a personal opionion on what they are telling you. Like right know I have a question posted on my son's diharra, I could have googled it but I wanted to ask an actual person if they had any ideas on how to help it.
    redtang912

Answer by redtang912 at 8:50 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I think it's a form of human contact. Most people do how to google for answers, but they choose to here from people that have had a particular experience. Not everyone fits in the box. Sometimes you hear about home remedies that were passed down from generation to generation.
    wilbursdaughter

Answer by wilbursdaughter at 10:09 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• For me, I ask questions to get personal opinions and experiences. If I wanted an answer from google, I'd look for one. I google things all the time, but I love personal answers rather than generic ones.
    MamaPyratekk

Answer by MamaPyratekk at 11:16 AM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I would ask a question here for some personal feedback, and because I enjoy hearing how different people feel about things. If I was looking for directions or something like that I would google it, but I like hearing others ideas, and I like seeing the face that gives the answers.
    AnnikaJan

Answer by AnnikaJan at 7:12 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I come here to ask for opinions and it will be nice if they have actual pracitcal information on it. If they don't, please dont' direct me to google but give me the link.
    yoshiki56

Answer by yoshiki56 at 9:50 PM on Jul. 4, 2008

• I ask questions because I want to see if I am the only one feeling that way. Besides, when people answer questions on here it helps more because they can tell you side effects of stuff that has happened.
    Queentdi

Answer by Queentdi at 3:04 AM on Jul. 6, 2008