does anyone else have a 4 or 5 yr old boy that bends over in front of the mirror to wipe his butt? and if there isnt a mirror, he wipes, and wipes repeatedly while bent over..??

like hes OBSESSED with getting clean...
at his house (hes my nephew) he has the toilet on one wall and a mirror on the other and he backs his bare bottom up to the mirror so he can look up close to wipe...its kind of funny but is he going to be doing this when hes 30???????? last night we were in public and there was a line for the bathroom and he was in there wiping and wiping literally 8 or ten times...is this normal?? he just turned 5 in Aug and hes been doing this ever since he was 2 or 3

mamagee1218

Asked by mamagee1218 at 9:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in School-Age Kids (5-8)

• Maybe you could by those flushable wipes and that would help him to feel like he is getting clean?
    Peajewel

Answer by Peajewel at 8:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It's normal. He's got that not so fresh feeling.
    My nephew didn't like to hold his penis when he peed. He would wet everything. One day he just stopped or something. He's almost 9 now and he used to do this when he was first potty trained.
    Your nephew will forget one day or he will be in hurry and he won't obsessively clean. At this age, some kids just have that feeling of not clean.
    I suggest giving him wipes for a while when he potties just to reassure him he's clean.
    I sometimes do so with my class when I take my boys to RR. It reassures them they're clean and the come out quickly.
    Hope this helps...
    Danaefm

Answer by Danaefm at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• He is just a LITTLE KID. WHt are YOU obssessed with how he wipes? LOL. You are lucky ...he is being clean and neat.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 10:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No. None of mine did that.
    cleanaturalady

Answer by cleanaturalady at 3:46 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i was going to suggest the wet wipes too... we don't have a mirror, but i know when my 3 year old poops she will wipe 2 or 3 times with dry paper... just once with a wet wipe...
    asil

Answer by asil at 10:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• be happy he wipes, lol, my 6 yr old does not wipe and he pees on the seat
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 1:11 AM on Nov. 1, 2010