Who else has noticed the same thing in their communities?

I am just curious if this sort of thing is happening in alot of areas..

We have lived in the same community for roughly ten years now and each Halloween I notice less and less children trick or treating.I took my kids out starting @ 7:30 pm until 10:00 pm and I am not kidding!...I saw MAYBE 20 children trick treating IF that.That is really depressing to me...Halloween was a huge rave when I was a kid and we came home with pillowcases full of goodies.Kids EVERYWHERE...I know it isn't as safe asit used to be bt this is RIDICULOUS.

tnmomofive

Asked by tnmomofive at 9:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• I've noticed the same thing! When I was growing up, there would be hoards of us! It was so carefree and fun! Now, hardly anyone comes by, and I've lived in SEVERAL neighborhoods in the last few years.
    BaisMom

Answer by BaisMom at 10:22 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We live in a community that is only about 12 yrs old.... TONS AND TONS AND TONS of kids!!!

sahlady

Answer by sahlady at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Maybe kids are waiting until tonight-
    Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 10:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Again, did the DATE get changed because Halloween falls on a Sunday?

I think it depends on your community. The soroities at A&M pass out candy on Friday, some of the churches did "trunkor treat" last night, we are doing the Halloween stuff tonight.

matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We only had about 15-20 kids last year too. I think there are some newer neighborhoods with houses close together in our area that area are still popular for trick or treating, but I think less kids are going out in general. Definitely not like it was when I was a kid. :-(
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I have lived in my house for 30 years and not even once have I had a trick or treater.

Answer by older at 10:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Less and less kids are going door to door then they ever used to. They have Trunk or Treat and the Malls and other places to go
    Moms_Angels1960

Answer by Moms_Angels1960 at 10:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I hate to say this but there were just as many perverts back then we have a lot of trick or treaters sometimes ten in one group last year we ran out of candy.
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 10:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Last year, I would have agreed, but this year there were TONS of kids out... We were actually waiting in line at doors...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We're swamped as always. People drive in, and every main road in the subdivision is lined solid with cars, and more trying to navigate between them. There's nobody out after 7, though. Our city sets the hours, 5-7. Anyone ringing a bell after that, especially as late as 10 would be seriously told off around here.

As for this:
    Again, did the DATE get changed because Halloween falls on a Sunday?

Yes, happens all over the country. And some towns are even stricter about it, making it always on a Friday or Saturday.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 11:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2010