Since what age do your kids watch TV?

When is "a good time" for them to start watching TV?

KatDy

Asked by KatDy at 10:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Entertainment

• I let my baby start watching tv at age 2.
    My_Darling_Luna

Answer by My_Darling_Luna at 10:08 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I had the tv "babysit" my son with those natures shows about baby animals for 1/2 hour when he was 2. That was 18 years ago. I have no idea what is "good" for little kids now.
    kjrn79

Answer by kjrn79 at 10:09 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think around 2 is alright....just dont let it become the babysitter....there are great shows on in the mornings for LO's
    macksmom716

Answer by macksmom716 at 10:12 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• They weren't interested in the TV til they were around 2. Even then, they saw it as a thing "oh that's nice".
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 10:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• My son saw a few minutes here and there around age 1, but he rarely paid attention for more than 10 minutes. Now he's two, and he has more of an attention span. He'll finish a 20-30 minute cartoon and sometimes he'll even ask for more. When we've tried to put on a Disney movie (or something longer than an hour), he never makes it through the whole thing before he starts playing again--which is fine with me. I used to be more strict about his time, but I think he likes having it on in the background even if he's not sitting and watching the whole time. I'll let some of the sing a long DVDs play longer because he still plays with his toys and just sings along and pays attention to his favorite parts, but I generally try to keep his tv time less than 2 hours a day. If I think he's seen enough for the morning, I'll play some of his music CDs while he plays, and he seems to like that too.
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 10:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I let my son watch TV when he was about 2 years old. I just heard a Harvard doctor on the radio the other day saying that 2 - 2.5 years is a good age to start letting them see educational things. And that there is no need before that age. The best thing is for them to be interacting with their parents to get the best start with language, etc.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• you arent supposed to let them watch TV until they are 2, but my son wasnt interested until he was 2 anyway

now me REALLY loves blues clues and mickey mouse clubhouse
    pookipoo

Answer by pookipoo at 11:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• You can let your kid watch educational shows like Dora the Explorer(all girls love that!),Go Diego Go,& Special Agent Oso.That is what you should your kid watch when they first watching tv.
    My_Darling_Luna

Answer by My_Darling_Luna at 6:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010