crying...

how do I handle my 2 mo old that constantly cries to be held? I can't even eat because all he does is scream and scream...

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Try using a wrap and carry him that way.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• It sounds like he may have colic. Try laying him across your knees and gently bouncing your legs. If it is colic it should make him burp or pass gas. You can also lay him across your tummy skin to skin that seems to help. What kind of formula is he on? It may need to be changed if it is giving him a tummy ache. Most 2 month old do not cry just to be held.
    darlinedemoss

Answer by darlinedemoss at 10:35 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• get a Moby wrap and wear him!

remember a few things-15 years from today you'll miss this--50 years from today he may be picking your nursing home so be sure to do for him what you want done for you
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• hes on soy formula...tried every kind and that one works best. i really think he wants to be held as soon as i pick him up he stops
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I would suggest that you try giving him a few drops of gas x(ask your PED, he may have another brand he prefers) He may have colic......try bouncing him or placing him on top of a dryer(in his car seat, with you close by) and turning it on.....the gentle rocking is very soothing. Worked great for my son!

If you think it is just because he wants to be held....your LO may not have fully established the ability to self regulate. There are techniques that you can use. When he starts crying, take his hands and place them on his chest....sometimes this will help him to soothe himself.

If you feel you need help with this visit www.thepreemiebaby.com
    PreemieHUG

Answer by PreemieHUG at 1:51 AM on Nov. 2, 2010