Is this normal pregnancy stuff??

So i've been noticing that i've had a bit more energy the past two nights. And at night is usually when my little darling is more active. Well with all this energy i've been working on finishing up her first baby blanket :) and working on chacha while trying to get things situated for DF when he comes down here in two weeks... and while i'm doing all this i noticed once i sit down for a min or two she does those rolling kicks and squirms which brings on those nasty Braxton hicks... and while she's moving and i'm having braxton hicks... i've been getting these pretty sharp pinches way down low... i wanna say on my cervix? Was just wondering if that was all normal. Doc did say this past tuesday I was starting to dialate? Idk if you can feel yourself dialate or not... lol sorry i feel dumb... first pregnancy lol (35 weeks)

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Pregnancy

• Well this may sound crazy to you but my grandma(she is half native american) says when you get close to your due date before you deliver you get a sudden bust of energy to do things, but you should really take it easy because you are going to need all your energy to deliver your baby. It happened to me and i did not waste my energy ..after my water broke i had my son in 9 minutes.
    oh just wondering are you crocheting the blanket?
    ldc90

Answer by ldc90 at 3:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• No i'm actually knitting... i haven't figured out how to crochet yet...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:28 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• LOL I think it's normal. I've been having LOTS of energy at night even if I didn't sleep much. The stabbing cervix is happening to me as well. It hurts!
    MarlyeGirl

Answer by MarlyeGirl at 3:31 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• YES I WENT ALL NIGHT WITH BRAXTON HICKS TWO WEEKS LATER I HAD HER !! THE NIGHT BEFORE NY WATER BROKE IT WAS A VERY HOT SUMMER NIGHT AND I WAS IN THE KITCHEN COOKING A HUGE MEAL 4 ME & MY HUBBY AND I JUST GOT A BREAD MAKER SO I ALSO MADE BREAD THEN I CLEANED THE HOUSE I HAD SO MUCH ENERGY THEN WOKE UP AT 5 AM AND MY WATER BROKE AND THEN WENT 36 HRS IN LABOR !!! THEY CALL IT NESTING !
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:37 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• The energy rush is perfectly normal. It is called the "nesting" stage. Many pregnant women experience the nesting instinct, a powerful urge to prepare their home for the baby by cleaning and decorating.

The pinching feeling that you feel around your cervix is most likely the baby nestling down in the birth canal which puts pressure on your cervix and may irritate some of those sensitive nerves. This would explain the dilating (which is also 100% normal).

AvasMommy810

Answer by AvasMommy810 at 5:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008