Halloween Question....

Just curious but for the christians..... What do you think God thinks when you celebrate Halloween?

Patience909

Asked by Patience909 at 10:36 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Religious Debate

• I'm not trying to be rude or mean, I just am aware of the origins, which are much more detailed than what you listed, and there really isn't any evil in them. Just because something is not Christian doesn't mean that it's evil. And yes, I think he looks very cute in his costume, lol.
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 11:38 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Something tells me of all the things he would have to worry about, Christians dressing up and having fun is the least of his issues! Chances are he focuses a little more on the murderers, rapists, molesters, abusers, starving and so on to care if someone is having a little fun...

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 10:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• That my kids are having fun, playing dress up and going out trick or treating with their friends. That I am kind and friendly the the hords of trick or treaters we get each year and love talking with the little ones, telling them how cute or scary they are. Halloween is not about evil unless you make it that way.
    scout_mom

Answer by scout_mom at 10:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i'm a christian and I think things change. We celebrate halloween but only by letting our LO's dress up (no ghosts, witches, vampires) just god's creatures. My son this year is being an indian and my 2 month old is being a monkey. we also decorate with harvest things...pumpkins, some spider webbing, those sort of things. and I don't think God looks down on me because of it.
    travisnowensmom

Answer by travisnowensmom at 11:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think he realizes that fun is fun and he has more worries then my kids having fun and getting a bit of candy.
    layh41407

Answer by layh41407 at 10:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I'm not Christian, but I think that when Christians celebrate Halloween, he just hopes that they get lots of good candy! :)
    LovingSAHMommy

Answer by LovingSAHMommy at 10:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• but a lot of bad things happen on the halloween. What about the scripture That says Jesus is no part of this world? Surely Celebrating this would make you part of this world right?
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 10:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• we don't over think stuff like that....for christians it's just for the kids to dress up and get candy, we do not participate in any pagan rituals or anything
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 11:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• @ Sabrina he worries about every single thing it really doesn't matter what it is , even if it was a death of an animal he feels pain. So you don't think he feels anything when we decide to dress up as something bad and support something bad?
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 11:02 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• @ JOSIE Completely understand..... But does that still make the hoilday right to celebrate even though it came from something bad? It doesn't change where it came from does it?
    Patience909

Comment by Patience909 (original poster) at 11:06 AM on Oct. 31, 2010