giving 2 mo old cereal??????????

ok i kno i'm gonna get crap for asking this question but idk what to do. my DS is always hungry. it is 9:40am here and he just ate an 8oz at 8:00 am. he acts starved...would it really hurt if i gave him some cereal to fill him up more?

travisnowensmom

Asked by travisnowensmom at 10:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Yes it would, his tummy isn't equipped to handle it yet. At 2 mos old, he is going through a growth spurt. Feed him on demand as he is intuitive as to his growing needs.
    Babylove76

Answer by Babylove76 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• he is acting hungry because he is going thru a growth spurt. At this age, he will get No nutritional value from the cereal since his body isn't mature enough to digest it.

just feed him breast milk or formula more often.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 10:46 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Don't do it, their digestive system is not mature enough for it.. it will cause some bad digestive system problems.. He may not even be hungry still could be something else that your not aware of.. when in dobut call your doctors and or nurse.
    BobbieJo286

Answer by BobbieJo286 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• ok thanks...see is doc wants me to space out his feedings every 3 hours but when we get close to 2 hours he starts acting hungry
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:48 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Make sure he is not just tired. He should be working himself into a predictable routine of eating and sleeping. If he has been awake for a couple of hours and you know it is too early for a feeding try to put him down for a nap.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• he seems to fuss a lot when he gets tired too...like he is fighting it...he has been sleepin great...falling asleep bout 10pm and sleepin till 5 am during the day is when he fusses
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 10:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I started giving my son at 6 weeks of age infant cereal which was suggested by my doctor. He was 10lbs 15oz at birth & the doctor said I would be able to start him with cereal at 6 weeks instead of the normal 12 weeks, due to his size! It never hurt my baby! I'd say go for it. Just don't over due it!
    bestmommy2010

Answer by bestmommy2010 at 10:54 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Ask your pediatrician. My DS2 had it at 2 months but they DR told me and I didnt just add it on my own.
    kjbennett26

Answer by kjbennett26 at 10:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• i cant believe hes taking 8 oz...my DD is almost 4 mos and she only takes 5 oz at a time....
    mamagee1218

Answer by mamagee1218 at 10:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• @mamagee- my little man is also 15lbs. he was close to 10lbs at birth. maybe I should ask his doc because he is in the 90th percentile for pretty much everything. maybe i should have mentioned how big he is as well lol.
    travisnowensmom

Comment by travisnowensmom (original poster) at 11:05 AM on Oct. 31, 2010