how to start introducing the potty. or how to start potty training? Boy!

bea379

Asked by bea379 at 10:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in General Parenting

• Google "toilet training readiness" and you will see some good links. There are cute books out there to help introduce the topic.
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 10:49 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We do elimination communication,but only part time. Some of the things that helped us normalize potting

1. Everyone has to pee upon waking. Put the baby on the potty after a nap. He will probably go. Its a really fun way to have success at the first couple of potty experiences.
    2. Diaper free days will help you learn your child's schedule. Go bare bottom anddont get frustrated with a messy floor. Chances a, yiu I'll see him squate and catch it before hand.
    3. Boys really like peeing outside. Its fun.
    ecodani

Answer by ecodani at 11:13 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I started my son by putting him on the potty when he first woke up, I would give him a few minutes to make and if he did he got 3 M&M's. Eventually, he learned that if he made in the potty he would get a reward. We did go through a stubborn period and that's when I started taking cheerios or a little cracker and put it in the potty and told him to pee on it. Oh, he loved that, typical boy lol. He also loved making "bubbles" in the potty. When we decided to go full force with potty training we did not use pull-ups bc kids often use those as a crutch and it makes potty training so much harder. When he's ready go out and buy 3-4 packs of underwear and be prepared to do a lot of laundry, but it will work. He won't like being wet and he will learn that every time he goes in his undies he will feel uncomfy. Good luck!
    momofone221

Answer by momofone221 at 11:23 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• We did the 3 day method, and it worked like a charm in a day and a half!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:44 AM on Nov. 1, 2010