Just Curious ???

Since we have a Democratic andRepublican National Convention and the primaries. Why aren't the tickets the number one and number two (ex. Obama and Hillary)? I mean if (hypothetically of course) the president gets assassinated shouldn't the "peoples" second choice become president? Shouldn't we be voting on both?

amo3373

Asked by amo3373 at 5:01 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• Earlier in political history, the winner of the presidential election became president and the loser became vice president. The president and vice president being from two different parties created an atmosphere of non-cooperation.
    I think it might be the same with the winner and loser of the parties' primaries. I think an Obama/Hillary ticket could have gone either way. It could have worked well, or it could have been disastrous. I think they wanted to avoid the possibility of disaster.
    casperskitty

Answer by casperskitty at 12:59 AM on Nov. 1, 2008

• because I don't think Obama and Hillary would get along?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:18 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Warxg the debates with Hillary and Obama on Youtube and see if you think they could work together?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:19 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Because that's not the way our government is set up.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:27 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I agree completely, I also think the should do away with the electorial votes!
    amydh

Answer by amydh at 1:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2008