saving money grocery shopping

cbmac

Asked by cbmac at 6:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Money & Work

• I have this problem of going CRAZY when I go to a store! I was told and herd on good Morning America that the best way to save money is write a list....this means every little thing you buy and how many you need.(and stick only to the list) Buying store brand foods not name brand, Also cutting coupons...big pain in the butt,but it works. I have been making a list and using coupons now for about a month...I still get side tracked a bit but always remind myself...the list...the list! I have done good on saving so far. I cut my bill at walmart from around $200 to $130-$140 a week. I guess I skimp a little but my hubby is happier!
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 11:16 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• When the new grocery ads come out (usually on a Wednesday) I sit down and find the store that suits our needs best -- I make a list based on whats on sale. I shop weekly. I will throw in a few coupons too - by googling things we need I can usually find a coupon or two to print off. Another thing I do is take advantage of great sales and stock up - especially on cereal. Right now Tom Thumb/Randalls has buy 5 cereals and get $5 off. 5 big boxes of Cheerios (18 oz) for $10! Plus I had a coupon for $1 off cheerios if I buy two.. yum! Thats what two would usually cost you, and cereal is a nice, easy cheap meal or snack for kids and adults. Where it shows my savings I will save 30-50% doing this. If I was more aggressive about coupons I would probably save more.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 12:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• DON'T GO HUNGRY!! LOL Make sure you eat before food shopping!!
    Also, I clip coupons every week and visit www.couponmom.com for all the current sales at the local grocery stores so that I know I am saving as much money as I can!!
    I also shop online for alot of my household necessities, which include some foods, and they pay me to do so!! Checkout my page!!
    ~Lisa
    MomsGoneGreen

Answer by MomsGoneGreen at 10:01 PM on Oct. 31, 2008