Samhain Resolutions...

How many of you make "Resolutions" or a "to do" list for Samhain?

What's on it this year?

I always write up my hopes and wishes as well as any resolutions for the coming new year and place them in the fire on Samhain... I will do the same tonight! Although this year, there aren't many, just that my DH & I find work, that my son's new therapy works out for the best, that I am a little more devoted in my practice this year than last & of course that everyone is happy & healthy...

Asked by SabrinaMBowen at 11:17 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Religion & Beliefs

• That my husband gets the new job he has applied for, that I am more devoted to being healthier and that I devote more time to my spirituality and that my family stays happy and healthy.
    anetrnlov

Answer by anetrnlov at 11:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Never do because I feel its a way to never keep them LOL.

If anything my desire and hope is to remember that I didnt fail to do something, I just havent succeeded yet and keep on trying.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 12:58 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I usually make my resolutions at my birthday (August 2). I find them easier to keep that way...Kind of a "by my next birthday, I would like to ____"

this year is to grow spiritually, become healthier (not necessarily loose weight, but eat better, exercise more...things like that)
    saphire_eyes802

Answer by saphire_eyes802 at 2:50 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• One thing I asked for in rituals past is to see my goals clearly. Meaning what goals CAN be accomplished and seeing them in my mind and my heart as resolved. It has taken time and patience to study and focus on seeing the paths that we need to take. I had to REALLY believe in myself, the wisdom of our Pagan Elders. Also in the past, I asked for confidence and wisdom and courage. I had to know "what" to give the Goddess to take away and what to bring back for me.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:17 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• For example, asking the Goddess to take away the doubts we have in ourselves and bring back confidence etc... It always worked best for me to work on personal goals and that radiates out into the lives of those you love.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:19 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I never do and I don't do it for the January New Year either. I do goal setting through out the year.
    isabellalecour

Answer by isabellalecour at 10:02 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Blessed New Year! My resolution is to be more patient and connect more with the Goddess.
    NightPhoenix

Answer by NightPhoenix at 12:10 PM on Nov. 1, 2010