Do we have the right?

I saw in the news yesterday, Iraq wants us out. Got thinking:

How would we feel if China believed that the Americans were being mistreated and decided to invade America to save Americans from our government? What right do we have to try and force our beliefs on them?

Please try to keep the candidates out of this. This is just a point of view question.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 6:58 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Politics & Current Events

• More on my question. i have thought of this many times. How awful it would be to have people in my country with guns that do not speak english. Even if they thought they were helping us out. How would I know the ones pointing the guns at me, are A-ok? I have to hand it to Iraq, I think I would be heading for Canada. I would have problems trusting.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:03 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• where'd you get that info? It's already known that the surged worked and that we are now going to scale back.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 7:40 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Personally, I think that you are talking about 2 VERY different things. Iraq is comprised mostly of a dictatorship and run by people who believe in KILLING as a way to impose their beliefs on their people. Although Iraq has worked to become a democracy, a group of people...........Al Quaida has terrorised that country to no end, making a majority of Iraqis afraid to stand up and change their country. On the other hand, maybe due to fear, maybe personal belief, that country really doesn't want what America is offering. I truely believe that we may not all agree on the same way to run a country.........ie we are a "democracy", England is run by a Queen, etc...........however America is giving the Iraqi people a chance to change if that's what they want, by being in their country. America is TRYING to allow Iraq the ability to choose which kind of government they want to run their country.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Cont.....
    Something that that country would never do on it's own for fear of retaliation. It's a clear cut sign, when Saddam was thrown out of office, the people went NUTS over it, all excited that he was overthrown...............something AMERICA helped happen.

America isn't slaughtering thousands of people because they do not believe one way or another. That's what sets us aside from many other countries. A country like China coming in and imposing their beliefs on our country would never work. There is no just cause to say that their government is better then ours. We went into Iraq to impose change because they were taken over by terrorists. BIG DIFFERENCE.
    TheDiva320

Answer by TheDiva320 at 7:45 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Their are different views on terrorist in Iraq. Some reports clain Saddam did not allow terrorist in his country and that America invasion allow them to come in, All opinion.

Some say Saddams government was made up of one and yet the 55 cards proved it was made up of Sunni and Sheits(do not know the spelling).

What the thing is, beliefs. What right do we have to push our belief? Why not get out now that Saddam is gone an let them work it out or fight it out on making their own Government?

Far as China that is our beliefs, they may feel different and thinks ours is wrong, and might think we would be better off with theirs.

I read in the encyclopedia that in battle area's of Iraq their our as much as 70% of the children with some form of mental problems, and the PNAC wanted to go in before 9/11.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:07 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I think the question was...how would we feel if the US was invaded "for our own good". Did you ever see the movie "Red Dawn". It deals with our enemies combining forces to invade the US...old movie so it was Russia and Cuba...but I always thought that it was a fairly good projection of how we would respond if we were in this situation.

profmom922

Answer by profmom922 at 8:14 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• I don't think they will sign the securities pact, they are really dragging their feet. As to the poster who said the surge worked, in our eyes yes, in their eyes, they want us gone. It isn't about what Americans think or feel in the long wrong, we are here and they are there, and at this point the future of our presence in Iraq is in the hands of the Iraqi people. If they say definitively "Get out" then we have to get out, it is that simple.

rissa_doll

Answer by rissa_doll at 8:41 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• You can say well, we freed them from a dictator and this and that but the question is "How do they feel?" How would I feel? I have been to countries that have been freed from oppressors, there are mixed issues there. At least under the oppressor they had jobs and food and no war (in their minds) they begin to become fearful and worn down from constant bombings and death, until you have seen your country torn apart by war, really torn apart, piece by piece, i don't think we can ever truly know what they are thinking or feeling.
    rissa_doll

• I think you may have gotten some misinformation. The men and women who have served there state that they are welcomed and that their presence is appreciated.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 8:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Yes you are right, profmom922, and I guest also when is it time to get out.
    Read looong article by a man from Iraq. He told in detail about the different sectors in Iraq. He describe how bad Saddam was and how good. How Saddam needed to be taken out, but how he did hold the country together. How he did keep terrorist out. How the people did have a way of coming together even though they have been invaded 21 times including with US. How with the US invasion the sectors started fighting and the seperation US has unintentionally caused, and how he thought they would come together after US leave. He told the relief some felt when US invaded and the fear they felt later. It was a good and sometimes boring article, but got you thinking. It must be hard for them to know if we are good or evil and the writer said it would be more of a problem the longer we stayed.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008