How can i help my two year old overcome her fear of taking a bath.

She use to like baths when she was a little baby. then about 9 months olds she started hating baths she would scream and pitch a fit. Then she about a year old before she would go take a bath. then again, like and not like. now i have to fight her to take a bath.

hgmalssbm

Asked by hgmalssbm at 7:00 AM on Oct. 31, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• she is prob going through that, The tub is going to swallow me faze!! IT will pass though it usally takes months. You can take a bath in front of her and it will help and eventually she will want to get in there with you.
    lovinmomto3

Answer by lovinmomto3 at 7:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Just make it as fun as you can. Take her to the store and let her pick out her own bath toys :)
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 7:25 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Maybe try to bathe with her?
    Christinemg0813

Answer by Christinemg0813 at 7:59 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Hey maybe get a smaller inflatable or some other kind of smaller tub you can fit into the big tub or even have it stand alone. Give her a bath in that smaller tub and see if the size doesn't frighten her as much. Heck maybe she is scared of one of the bath toys, take them away and give her just a couple of them you know she is ok with. And also try get some bubbles or that colored foam maybe she would like that. Lastly, when rinsing her off maybe she doesn't like the water on her face, I know mine HATES that. They have those pitchers wtih the face guard on them on your local store.
    mamma2bubba

Answer by mamma2bubba at 8:55 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Try sitting her in a dry tub with a bowl full of soapy water and tell her to wash herself...as she adjusts...slowly add and inch or two of water to the tub each bath time.
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 9:04 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Also, get her involved with the whole process. Like starting the water and putting in the toys. And when you're done have her pull the drain.
    Steph319

Answer by Steph319 at 11:42 AM on Oct. 31, 2008

• My daughter loves baths, but she doesn't sit in water as she is scared. She stands up the whole time and I have to use a pitcher. Lately I have been getting into the bath with her and I make her sit on my lap. She is showing signs of easing out a bit.
    SweKrish

Answer by SweKrish at 2:57 PM on Oct. 31, 2008

• Thank - you everyone for the the advise. At this point i will try and do everything to ease her fear.
    hgmalssbm

Answer by hgmalssbm at 10:21 PM on Oct. 31, 2008