3 billion bucks...

On Campaign Commercials this year! Worth it?

kiansmom0423

Asked by kiansmom0423 at 11:44 AM on Oct. 31, 2010 in Politics & Current Events

• No. On our local news last night, a reporter did some math and said that with that money she could buy 18,000 homes for people in the Twin Cites (and several billion Starbucks) etc. and many more things that would actually help people. I hate the political campaign ads.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:50 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• That is very sad because they all lied about the other guy. The sad part of this is you people fall for the B.S. if you didn't they would not put so much bull out there and spend less.

Wait till next Presidential elections, talking about Bull it will be flying............... they will give us dumb and dumber and I hope this time you vote for the right person not a letter!!!!!!!
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 12:04 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• No way. Who really pays attention to those anyways? That's sad.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 11:52 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Yeah three billion dollars for them to throw mud and call each others names something we would make a five year old go to their room or stand in the corner for how does this work?
    pinkdragon36

Answer by pinkdragon36 at 12:11 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• HA, NO! Our local news channel picks the ads apart and tells you what it true, what is false and what is just misleading... And I think 90% of the ads are just plain lies! I don't pay them any attention... I don't know why anyone would!

Answer by SabrinaMBowen at 11:47 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

Unfortunately, the masses love the ads and they believe all they see in them. If they didn't the politicians wouldn't make them and air them. People don't want honesty and a real debate.  I hate those who lie and at election time I do feel I am voting for the lesser of two evils. Only two people I am voting for this year I believe in fully they ran clean campaigns.  Neither stand a chance to win up against the Dems running against them because they are sling mud like crazy and the people are eating it up. Pretty sad if you ask me.

tabekat

Answer by tabekat at 12:37 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• And, talking about billions devoted to another wasteful cause.....the illegal wars in Iraq and Afghanistan costs us billions and that money could be used for America, paying down deficits, refunding Social Security,etc. Why not? That's the way many people see it.
    kerp1960

Answer by kerp1960 at 11:53 AM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I am not a witch was worth every penny it too to make...That is a CLASSIC!

The rest I try and ignore...Although Dan Onarato, I can't look away from...his face looks like a cartoon

sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 12:03 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• I think the more money they spend and the more outrageous, the less people are going to take them serious. Not that I ever watched one and said I HAVE to vote for this candidate based on that foreboding, snide narrator and content of the ad.
    Izsarejman

Answer by Izsarejman at 1:22 PM on Oct. 31, 2010

• Such a waste. With the advent of DVR, who even watches them anymore?
    Journey311

Answer by Journey311 at 2:45 PM on Oct. 31, 2010